"Golf shirt" look in touring jersey?

Old August 23rd 04, 03:10 AM
Kenneth

Default "Golf shirt" look in touring jersey?

Howdy,

Years ago, I bought a touring shirt that was perfect for certain types
of trips.

From the front, it looked like what I would call a "golf shirt." It
had short hemmed sleeves, a pointed collar, and a placket with buttons
down the front for six inches or so. It was a solid color (happened to
be green.)

The only thing that made the shirt a piece of "bicycle equipment" was
that it had three pockets on the lower back like a standard cycling
jersey.

The front of the shirt would not merit a second glance in a
restaurant.

Might you know of a source of something similar available currently?

Thanks for any tips,

--
Kenneth

Old August 23rd 04, 08:05 PM
Booker C. Bense

Old August 23rd 04, 09:03 PM
Sarah Clatterbuck

Kenneth wrote in message . ..
Howdy,

Years ago, I bought a touring shirt that was perfect for certain types
of trips.

From the front, it looked like what I would call a "golf shirt." It
had short hemmed sleeves, a pointed collar, and a placket with buttons
down the front for six inches or so. It was a solid color (happened to
be green.)

The only thing that made the shirt a piece of "bicycle equipment" was
that it had three pockets on the lower back like a standard cycling
jersey.

The front of the shirt would not merit a second glance in a
restaurant.

Might you know of a source of something similar available currently?

Thanks for any tips,

Kenneth,

This isn't a 'golf' style shirt with a collar, but it does look like a
normal mens henly? style shirt with two buttons at the front of the
collar and a loose-fit bottom of the jersey - solid colors and longs
sleeves available from Rivendell.

http://rivendellbicycles.com/webalog...ing/22311.html

Sarah
Old August 23rd 04, 09:25 PM
David Reuteler

Sarah Clatterbuck wrote:
This isn't a 'golf' style shirt with a collar, but it does look like a
normal mens henly? style shirt with two buttons at the front of the
collar and a loose-fit bottom of the jersey - solid colors and longs
sleeves available from Rivendell.

http://rivendellbicycles.com/webalog...ing/22311.html

these are pretty nice .. i own one. a word of advice, tho .. they're, umm,
"american-sized" .. buy down a size. i wear a large in the woolistic
range (which, imo are nicer but always sold out) and a medium rivendell.
--
david reuteler

FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Why the jersey colours? Andrew Swan Racing 16 July 16th 03 05:45 AM