"Switch" tricks: the future of street?

Old April 28th 06, 08:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default "Switch" tricks: the future of street?

Correction: "alley-oop"

--
hecklar
hecklar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6917

Old April 28th 06, 09:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

im abi"foot"strus i use both in equely

--
dan de man

Mikefule wrote:
If regularly pulling on a body part made it longer, most teenage boys
would trip over a lot more often.

dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

Old April 28th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Stupid question but humor me:

Is there an assumption that one foot is normally "supposed" to be in
front? If so, which one? You'll find that some riders are lefties and
others are righties. To appreciate a switch trick, first you have to
know which is the rider's dominant foot.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
-- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling

Old April 28th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Well you usually see witch foot they ride in front usually.. Because no
one makes a switch only video.

--
maxisback

Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
quit are just dumb
maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

Old April 28th 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

johnfoss wrote:
Is there an assumption that one foot is normally "supposed" to be in
front?

Doesn't it depend on the trick? I've never done any of these tricks,
but I would think that forward and backward flips would be easiest with
your dominant foot in the front and back, respectively.

--
phlegm
phlegm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8382

Old April 28th 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

john- like max attempted to explain. skaters can have either foot
forward like unicyclists. it depends on the guy what's normal and
what's backwards.

--
markf

stuck in iowa and gainfully employed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Old April 28th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I personally feel that "fakie" tricks are very cool, by "fakie" i mean
riding backwards or blindly into it. like fakie 180 over a stair set.
Personally i think it looks cool and is fun as hell when you land it!
and fakie tire grabs over stair set's are cool ! personally i have only
landed fakie tricks over a large 4 set's but i am planning to try 5's
and 6's soon.

cheers
bry
"street's what i do when i can't find trials"

--
vicuniclub
vicuniclub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10052

Old April 28th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

another thing that could open up very many things with switch tricks.
half crankflips, switch half crankflips, more have rev stuf or 1.5
crankflips/revs. think of how techy it could get:

-switch half flip to bluntslide
-1.5 crankflips
-switch fakie (or nollie like in skating) 180s, 360s (so riding
backwards and doing a hop twist with your other foot forward)
-switch 180 1.5 crankflips
-switch half rev to grind
-etc....

Those are just a few things, but the switch and switch fakie (nollie)
open up alot more stuff (very hard stuff at that). Also some new grind
variations.

--
skate4flip

reply '23k' (http://tinyurl.com/88s7x), '25k'
(http://tinyurl.com/bqzo4), post '29k' (http://tinyurl.com/ay6w2),
reply '37k' (http://tinyurl.com/dzug6), post '41k'
(http://tinyurl.com/9ugos), post '47k' (http://tinyurl.com/dmr8y), and
reply '61k' (http://tinyurl.com/mds6t) in most replys!!!

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 4/08/06*
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

Old April 28th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I think that learning tricks that use your dominant foot are great to
learn with your less dominant foot. Not only because it feels good to
you to know that you can do it, but altogether, all-around riding will
be much easer. I twill also lessen the amount that you fall...

--
xeaza

My Web site.
www.wrightsanson.com/taylor

xeaza's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10500

Old April 28th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I dont like the idea of 1.5 tricks because then we would have to many
tricks, also how could you ever land a 1.5 crankflip to grind ? same
over stairs it's too much impact for landing with your pedal up.

--
maxisback

Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
quit are just dumb
maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

Wheel TA 36-inch Street Tire Review HardcoreCokerRider Unicycling 12 January 28th 06 07:12 PM
Future unifreak7 Unicycling 0 July 31st 05 04:29 AM
Trials or Street TrialsUni Unicycling 0 July 30th 05 09:07 PM
Street Tricks uniextreme Unicycling 79 July 17th 05 08:37 PM
surfing on a unicycle, tips and tricks... paulie pavlic Unicycling 10 November 15th 03 10:38 PM