"Suspension Muni on Ebay?!!"

Old March 12th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jrdugueod

Default "Suspension Muni on Ebay?!!"

WTF? Anyone know about this?http://tinyurl.com/2xfupg

Old March 14th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

It is an interesting concept however there are a few problems:

1) they state that it has lolopop bearings and those aren NOT lolipop
bearings in the pictures. I guess that they don't know what they are
selling or they are misleading or they aren't selling what is in the
pictures.

2) I don't know of to many 20" Munis.

3) the cranks are just square cranks.

4) the pedals are plastic.

I think that any serious muni or trials rider over 100 pounds would
shred that peice of crap apart!

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!
Unicorn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12801

Old March 14th 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Zzagg

Suprising nobody noticed the crapy seatpost clamp

--
Zzagg

Zzagg - Air Circus Team (Nantes)

Living easy, living free...
...Season ticket on a one wheel ride.

JJuggle wrote:
Zzagg, I'm struggling with your English.

Zzagg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6847

Old March 14th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

It reminds me of the suspended or otherwise "tricked out" bikes you can
get at Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, etc. In other words, it's designed to look
like something cool and have a low price tag. Not necessarily to hold
up to anything.

I'm also curious about supposed knee problems from riding with a
suspension fork. I've played with them, but never done a long ride. I
have done long rides with a suspension seatpost, which probably has
less travel. No knee problems, but limited comfort improvement because
on the *real* bumps you're not standing up anyway. Suspension is
probably good for small bumps when you're seated. It's probably most
useful for road riding.

On a 20" MUni the suspension is more about looks than anything. And
that unicycle looks heavy. 13 pounds is the weight of a 24" Schwinn!

Also I like some of their specs:
"High tensile mountain specific steel" - Anyone ever heard of mountain
specific steel?
"lollipop style bearing holders" - Someone needs to tell the sellers
that lollipops are bad, and those aren't them.
"Cranks: 130mm heavy-duty steel" - Or maybe just heavy?
"Saddle: Viscount style with abrasion front and back" - Abrasion? What
happened to the seat? I thought the unicycle was supposed to be new??

Sounds like they are getting their feature copy off of Unicycle.com or
someplace similar, without actually knowing what all that stuff says...

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view

Old March 14th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brendan

johnfoss wrote:

On a 20" MUni the suspension is more about looks than anything. And
that unicycle looks heavy. 13 pounds is the weight of a 24" Schwinn!

Also I like some of their specs:
"High tensile mountain specific steel" - Anyone ever heard of mountain
specific steel?
"lollipop style bearing holders" - Someone needs to tell the sellers
that lollipops are bad, and those aren't them.
"Cranks: 130mm heavy-duty steel" - Or maybe just heavy?
"Saddle: Viscount style with abrasion front and back" - Abrasion? What
happened to the seat? I thought the unicycle was supposed to be new??

ahaha thats so true +999

--
brendan
brendan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13680

Old March 15th 07, 06:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GhettoSmurf

shiddy wall mart bike fork with shidddy components

--
GhettoSmurf

http://willowglenbicycles.com/index.cfm[/url]
GhettoSmurf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11929

Old March 15th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

GhettoSmurf wrote:
shiddy wall mart bike fork with shidddy components

I'm mnot sure if GhettoSmurf meant to spell it like that, but I like
that word. I know exactly what's meant by it, and it fits those heavy,
department store, wannabe "high-end" bikes perfectly!

Old March 15th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

johnfoss wrote:
I'm mnot sure if GhettoSmurf meant to spell it like that, but I like
that word. I know exactly what's meant by it, and it fits those heavy,
department store, wannabe "high-end" bikes perfectly!

It seems like a great portmanteau of 'shoddy' and another word I'm sure
you need little imagination to work out.

--
kington99

Dave

Old March 15th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

It's the sound you'd make if you tried to say 'shoddy' while riding over
rough ground on that suspension fork.

--
kington99

Dave