OT Collided with...

Old August 26th 07, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Phil Cook

Default OT Collided with...

In a bored moment I happened upon this page

About an axed docu-drama about the Marchiness pleasure boat sinking.

The page describes what happened like this:

The tragedy occurred when the pleasure boat, packed with young
party-goers, collided with a dredger on the Thames in London.

So it seems cyclists aren't the only slow moving things that collide
with heavier fast moving objects.
Old August 26th 07, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dan Gregory

Phil Cook wrote:
In a bored moment I happened upon this page

About an axed docu-drama about the Marchiness pleasure boat sinking.

The page describes what happened like this:

The tragedy occurred when the pleasure boat, packed with young
party-goers, collided with a dredger on the Thames in London.

So it seems cyclists aren't the only slow moving things that collide
with heavier fast moving objects.

Having once hit the wall head on at Bristol Floating Harbour when the
Gear Box jammed on the Ferry Boat I can verify that 5 knots is a high
speed when you know there is no way of avoiding collision.
Old August 26th 07, 02:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Duncan Smith

The tragedy occurred when the pleasure boat, packed with young
party-goers, collided with a dredger on the Thames in London.

So it seems cyclists aren't the only slow moving things that collide
with heavier fast moving objects.

Wikipedia states that ITV wont show it 'in its current form', and that
they may sell the film to another broadcaster, so we may get to see it
yet. Looks interesting. Poor souls.

Duncan

Old August 26th 07, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

On 26 Aug, 14:16, Duncan Smith wrote:
The tragedy occurred when the pleasure boat, packed with young
party-goers, collided with a dredger on the Thames in London.

So it seems cyclists aren't the only slow moving things that collide
with heavier fast moving objects.

Wikipedia states that ITV wont show it 'in its current form', and that
they may sell the film to another broadcaster, so we may get to see it
yet. Looks interesting. Poor souls.

Duncan

One part I thought was invention but turned out to be a hideous truth
is that someone took the decision easier to identify the dead by
fingerprints.....by cutting the hands off the dead.

Old August 28th 07, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Coyoteboy

spindrift wrote:

One part I thought was invention but turned out to be a hideous truth
is that someone took the decision easier to identify the dead by
fingerprints.....by cutting the hands off the dead.

I believe thats fairly common practice, I'll have to find the friend who
told me of it and ask about context.