Saddle sore!

Old August 3rd 08, 06:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
eunie

Default Saddle sore!

Started unicycling three months ago from never have been on a unicycle
before to consistently riding now. Would appreciate any tips and hints
about saddle sores - oh my delicate parts! Am riding a Torker LX 20"
with Pearl Izumi Elite padding cycle shorts. I've learned that the
trick is to balance weight completely on the saddle - which makes sense
because that would anchor the tail bone to the ground and that's how our
body calibrates balance. But talk about sore.

Any other stories or ideas?

--
eunie
Old August 3rd 08, 06:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CoreTechs

I would suggest considering an up grade in unicycle or parts. A KH
saddle perhaps. But that may not be nessesary, depending on what type
of saddle soreness. Is the soreness you are experiencing from friction
with your saddle causing chaffing or just general numbness and aching?
If it is friction, maybe try some Chamois Butt`r, I hear it works well,
although I`ve never used it. If it`s numbness, get off the uni for a bit
until you get circulation back in your "delicate parts".

If anyone has anything to add or corrections to make, please do.

--
CoreTechs

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

In nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti

)--21stOverall-RTL2008-O
)--18thCriterium-RTL2008-O
Old August 4th 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mcgary

When I got back into unicycling several months ago, every time I rode my
thighs became chaffed and sore. I chalked it up to oldmannishness until
I read on this forum that biking shorts can help. I bought some that I
wear under my normal shorts and I haven't had a single case of saddle
soreness since. Try it.

--
mcgary
Old August 4th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Enoch

The Torker saddle can be brutal. It has some very square edges and rubs
inside the thighs. I replaced mine with a Nimbus gel, much better now.

Bike shorts ,as you mentioned helps a bit also.

--
Enoch

saddle sore - advice??? ilikebikes UK 13 March 11th 06 09:34 AM
odd saddle sore, sorta [email protected] General 8 May 17th 05 03:32 PM
saddle sore!!!! juggling_unicyclist_joe Unicycling 6 April 3rd 05 07:07 PM
Saddle sore Sb083459 General 4 April 9th 04 04:45 AM
Saddle Sore Question Brandon Sullivan General 4 December 13th 03 09:53 PM