300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

Old June 4th 17, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default "Road Tax" - nothing to do with cycling

On 04/06/2017 15:33, Kerr Mudd-John wrote:
On Sun, 04 Jun 2017 15:04:07 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

On 04/06/2017 14:41, Paul Cummins wrote:
In article ,
(JNugent) wrote:

Perhaps you can show us the existence of your mythical "Road Tax"
then?

proving your claim, I will consider proving my
refutations.
And playing the man will not make you look any less wrong, or less
stupid.

You are making yourself look ever more silly in your crazed refusal to
recognise Road Tax (whatever its official name may be, not that it
matters in the slightest).

There is no length you will not go to to evade falsification of your
position. You are like a fifth former in your "debating".

I predict this one will run and run.

Trying to pretend that a tax which raises about £6,000,000,000 a year
doesn't exist is never likely to syucceed as a tactic.
Old June 4th 17, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default 300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

On 04/06/2017 15:47, Paul Cummins wrote:

In article ,
(JNugent) wrote:

Your attempt - constant and repetitive - that Road Tax (and,
presumably, the £6,000,000,000 a year it currently raises) does not
exist is actually amusing.

Road Tax raises no money a year, because it hasn/;t existed since 1927.

B O R I N G

Old June 4th 17, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

(JNugent) wrote:

Perhaps you can show us the existence of your mythical "Road Tax"
then?
proving your claim, I will consider proving my
refutations.
And playing the man will not make you look any less wrong, or less
stupid.

You are making yourself look ever more silly in your crazed refusal to
recognise Road Tax (whatever its official name may be, not that it
matters in the slightest).
There is no length you will not go to to evade falsification of your
position. You are like a fifth former in your "debating".

I predict this one will run and run.

Trying to pretend that a tax which raises about £6,000,000,000 a year
doesn't exist is never likely to syucceed as a tactic.

I thought you said 'Road Tax' raised 'tens of billions' a year.

No. I said that total road-user (including Road Tax) taxation raises
tens of billions a year.

I assume at this stage that neither you nor anyone else denies the
existence of fuel duty and VAT on the fuel and on the duty (which raises
far more than Road Tax, by a factor of more than 500%).
Old June 4th 17, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

(JNugent) wrote:

[...]

Including taxes paid by cyclists?

I assume at this stage that neither you nor anyone else denies the
existence of fuel duty and VAT on the fuel and on the duty (which raises
far more than Road Tax, by a factor of more than 500%).

I don't deny fuel duty and VAT is paid by all road users.
I acknowledge road damage is proportional to the 4th power of axle loading.
I acknowledge cyclists have to pay for motorways they cannot use.
I acknowledge the roads cyclists can use are grossly over engineered even though they have to pay for them.
I acknowledge motorists think speed limits are optional.
I acknowledge most traffic lights are for resource management rather than safety and would not be necessary if cars did not exist.
I deny the existence of Road Tax.

Old June 4th 17, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

(JNugent) wrote:

[...]

If you count VAT on the price of bicycles, puncture repair kits, spare
parts and lubricating oil, haemorrhoid cream, etc, then... yes.

Of course, it depends on how you define "cyclist". If a "cyclist" spends
most of his travelling time behind the wheel of an Austin taxi or a
Transit, he will pay a lot more road-use tax than someone whose journeys
are only made on foot, by bicycle or by public transport (or any
combination thereof).

I assume at this stage that neither you nor anyone else denies the
existence of fuel duty and VAT on the fuel and on the duty (which raises
far more than Road Tax, by a factor of more than 500%).

I don't deny fuel duty and VAT is paid by all road users.

You ought to, because fuel duty (and the VAT on it) isn't paid by anyone
except he who owns or operates a motor vehicle.

[Snipped the rest of the irrelevance, including denial of the existence
of Road Tax which raises a very real six billion pounds a year - not bad
for a tax that apparently doesn't exist, eh?]
Old June 4th 17, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

(JNugent) wrote:

[...]

If I cycle to a filling station and buy a gallon of petrol for my lawn mower, how much will I pay?

[Snipped the rest of the irrelevance, including denial of the existence
of Road Tax which raises a very real six billion pounds a year - not bad
for a tax that apparently doesn't exist, eh?]

The Snip King is back.

London cycle paths somebody[_2_] Techniques 12 December 2nd 15 12:34 AM
Cycle Paths or Not? Steve C[_2_] UK 49 May 15th 08 09:32 PM
Discovered an amazing meditation secret [email protected] Techniques 1 April 19th 08 06:01 AM
Cycle paths or psyclepaths? Tom Crispin UK 58 April 13th 08 12:22 PM
I've discovered the magic secret Arthur Clune UK 7 August 29th 05 08:55 PM