Challenge Bikes

Old October 9th 05, 08:46 AM
Slugger

Default Challenge Bikes

Are there any Challenge riders here?
I'm considering getting a mistral or hurricane for my next bent. Does
anyone have any opinions on them - good or bad?
Thanks
Old October 10th 05, 06:32 AM
What Me Worry?

"Slugger" wrote in message
Are there any Challenge riders here?
I'm considering getting a mistral or hurricane for my next bent. Does
anyone have any opinions on them - good or bad?
Thanks

They're popular models, and seem to be well liked. I have not personally
ridden either, but I'd love to try 'em.

I have test ridden the Challenge Taifun, and it is one of the best
recumbents I've ever ridden. Great handling at all speeds, awesome braking
power from dual disc brakes, comfortable seat, reasonably light weight and
beautiful build quality. The Taifun is a slightly more laid-back version of
the Hurricane.

Good luck

Old October 10th 05, 09:23 AM
Peter Clinch

Slugger wrote:
Are there any Challenge riders here?
I'm considering getting a mistral or hurricane for my next bent. Does
anyone have any opinions on them - good or bad?

Roos and I both tried a USS Mistral and were both deeply underwhelmed by
it. But with as many happy riders as there are what this really
underlines is "try before you buy".

Specifically, neither of us found the seat quite right and the
suspension didn't really work very well: riding over the block-paved
streets quite common around the Amsterdam area Roos actually got blurred
vision at one point from the vibration! The only thing I really liked
about it were its Magura hydraulic brakes, but those are hardly
exclusive to Challenge.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old October 10th 05, 11:06 AM
Mark Leuck

"Slugger" wrote in message
Are there any Challenge riders here?
I'm considering getting a mistral or hurricane for my next bent. Does
anyone have any opinions on them - good or bad?
Thanks

I tried a Hurricane at BROL 2005, I didn't like it quite as much as an
Optima Stinger

Autofaq now on faster server Simon Brooke UK 216 April 1st 05 10:09 AM
Design News article about bikes [email protected] Techniques 8 January 14th 05 01:07 PM
Danny-boy flails some more! (was: Advice on a good hardtail.) Jonesy Mountain Biking 31 June 18th 04 08:01 PM
Ghost Bikes Garrison Hilliard General 0 June 12th 04 06:31 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM