How to Shave your Trials Tire?

Old March 9th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Emile.m

Default How to Shave your Trials Tire?

So Muzzle, did you shaved it completely?

--
Emile.m

Ntappin wrote:

I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
luna.

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 9th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
muzzle

Emile.m wrote:
So Muzzle, did you shaved it completely?

I have shaved it a bit more since posting that, but I left the tread in
the middle as that will go on its own. The side tread is now shorter
again.
Bench grinder is awesome for this job!

--
muzzle

my videos: 'muzzle!videos' (http://www.muzzle.co.nr/unicycle/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 9th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
isaac steiner

muzzle what kind of tire is that in the pic?

Isaac

Edit: if I read correctly its a Monty Eagle Claw?

--
isaac steiner

zfreak220 wrote:
so Isaac had a "hazmat" moment

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 9th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
muzzle

isaac steiner wrote:
muzzle what kind of tire is that in the pic?

Isaac

Edit: if I read correctly its a Monty Eagle Claw?

Monty 2.7, I think the Eagle Claw is a 2.6.
As far as I can tell, Monty no longer stocks (sells) the 2.7, although
I could be wrong.

Old December 5th 08, 11:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UnicycleJuggler

Can you buy any other 19" tyres that aren't all nobbly and trials
designed? I would have thought that a unicycle company might have
designed a street specific tyre that follows along the lines of some of
the current BMX tyres. I really like the Primo Wall tyres for my BMX, so
something similar would be nice in a 19" x 2.5".

Something like this:

[image:
http://www.global-flat.com/upload/pa...ll%5B1%5D.jpg]

--
UnicycleJuggler

--Experienced--In--Pain*
'UnIcYcLe *D O
T* CoM *D O T*
Uk' (http://unicycle.uk.com/Shop/)
Old December 5th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madmattunipro

Correct me if I"m wrong, but 19" wheels are designed to fit the same
crown height as a 20." So if you want a smooth tire, why not get a uni
with a strong 20" rim and save yourself the trouble of shaving?
Hookworms come in 2.5... that's not really much for volume loss.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

http://www.norco.com
Old December 5th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

madmattunipro;1143639 wrote:
Correct me if I"m wrong, but 19" wheels are designed to fit the same
crown height as a 20." So if you want a smooth tire, why not get a uni
with a strong 20" rim and save yourself the trouble of shaving?
Hookworms come in 2.5... that's not really much for volume loss.

The 20" hookworms only go up to 2.125. Also 19" wheels tend to fit a
bit taller than 20" tires.

Plus 19" tires are designed to be run at a low pressure, whereas 20"
tires are not and tend to fold and stuff at lower pressures.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
Old December 5th 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni_mattster

madmattunipro;1143639 wrote:
Correct me if I"m wrong, but 19" wheels are designed to fit the same
crown height as a 20." So if you want a smooth tire, why not get a uni
with a strong 20" rim and save yourself the trouble of shaving?
Hookworms come in 2.5... that's not really much for volume loss.

Some people have done this, but it obviously requires buying a new rim
and spokes and rebuilding the wheel. There was a thread in which we
tossed around ideas for the new KH uni (before the 09 model came out)
with Kris, and he mentioned that he was interested in looking into
making his own 19" bmx tread tyre for street riding. I'm not sure
whether this idea is still in the pipeline or not going to happen, but
it sounded pretty cool.

--
uni_mattster

You can never honestly answer "no" when questioned on the todayness of
Opposites Day

2nd place )-540unispin-'O,

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/MattsterUni
Old December 5th 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

uni_mattster;1143754 wrote:
Some people have done this, but it obviously requires buying a new rim
and spokes and rebuilding the wheel. There was a thread in which we
tossed around ideas for the new KH uni (before the 09 model came out)
with Kris, and he mentioned that he was interested in looking into
making his own 19" bmx tread tyre for street riding. I'm not sure
whether this idea is still in the pipeline or not going to happen, but
it sounded pretty cool.

I don't know where you are getting this info from because I just dug
through 15 pages of search results, found the thread you were talking
about and two others that were similar and in none of them was there
mention of Kris designing a new tire.

Old December 5th 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Haha.

I think if you plan on riding a 20" 'bmx' uni for street, you should
plan to get used to a harder tire pressure and kind of ditch the
forgiving squishyness of a trials tire. There are some pretty wide 20"
tires out there, but if you are wanting a tire around a 2.5' size, I
think it will be easier and better to just run a trials tire with a bit
higher pressure than normal.

Shaving takes patience. taking the nubs off is a lot easier when using
a wet or lubed blade. Those electric turkey knifes cut through the nubs
like... turkey...

Or just ride it tell its bald. =p

--
Jerrick

'*305$ /$549.99*'
(http://tinyurl.com/6ywusa) *Press Alt+F4 to fix post
stretch.*[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]JC~

How to Shave your Trials Tire? agentQ Unicycling 0 August 24th 07 02:05 PM
trials tire mawesome Unicycling 0 December 23rd 06 12:36 AM
3in. trials tire? mornish Unicycling 9 April 26th 06 01:08 PM
Trials Tire uni412 Unicycling 17 January 21st 05 04:36 AM
Tire For Trials On 24" pdc Unicycling 15 November 26th 04 03:54 PM