Highracer Bashing Blog?

Old October 4th 05, 02:09 PM

Default Highracer Bashing Blog?

One of the coolest things I've encountered over the last six years of
riding recumbent, has been the solidarity and the club like membership
you enjoy with other recumbent riders. It's great to attend a large
event and immediately bond with the minority of recumbent riders.
Granted, everyone has their favorite, SWB vs LWB, high bb vs low BB,
faired vs unfaired, but in the end recumbents, we all know these bikes
are awesome. So when I read the other day comments on a blog devoted
to bashing highracers I was taken back. First let me say that I own
one, a 2004 Strada. Next let me also say that I also own a 1999
Stratus and, in the end, I will always be LWB guy. As for highracers, I
have many personal opinions about why highracers are not perfect for
me. But my Strada is fast and fun! So what is up with what I presume
is a fellow recumbent rider going nuts over his/her hatred for
highracers? Can someone please tell me what this is all about?

Jim Reilly
Reading, PA

Old October 4th 05, 03:05 PM
Jon Meinecke

wrote
[...] So what is up with what I presume
is a fellow recumbent rider going nuts over his/her hatred for
highracers? Can someone please tell me what this is all about?

Andy Warhol explained it:

In the future everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes.

Jon Meinecke
net.subtle-apteryx

Old October 4th 05, 06:16 PM
gotbent

wrote in message
.net...

--

Penis envy?

jim

It's all a foking joke. Just like the term high and racer in the same breath
is a foking joke. Ride em if you like them, but remember in these here good
ol US of A we can poke fun at most anything especially oxymorons. And
remember this isn't BROL. Ol' Bry can't protect you from humor here on ARBR.

Old October 4th 05, 08:26 PM

I trust that you, gotbent, are the source of this "joke". So the
anti-highracer blog was created to serve as a place for you to tell the
world that you don't think that dual 26 or 650 recumbents are fast?
Clearly they are high so that cannot be disputed. So all joking aside,
what are you suggesting?

Jim

Old October 4th 05, 08:57 PM
gotbent

wrote in message
ups.com...
I trust that you, gotbent, are the source of this "joke". So the
anti-highracer blog was created to serve as a place for you to tell the
world that you don't think that dual 26 or 650 recumbents are fast?
Clearly they are high so that cannot be disputed. So all joking aside,
what are you suggesting?

Jim

I have nothing to do with the blog except read it and laugh my ass off.
Notice that Volae has so far been exempt from inclusion therein. Perhaps the
blog is by someone who has already kicked many killer bees asses and wants
to poke fun at the legions who buy into the high=fast lie. What I'm
suggesting is that the blog isn't the bible, it's a foking joke, but you
obviously haven't got it yet. maybe you missed the speed chart that shows
former killer bee J Verheul going several mph faster on his NOCOM than than
the guys on bitchitta high goslow walkers, which he FORMALLY espoused as his
race bike till he found out how slow they were. In Europe the fast HPV guys
just don't ever race high walkers. They are fassst riders and don't want to
waste time and money on slow bikes poorly designed for the competition they
would see.

Old October 5th 05, 01:47 AM

What is a NOCOM? As for these "goslow walkers", I submit to you that
these folks need to address their engine problems long before they
consider another bike. As for the "high=fast" lie, I can only offer my
own observations. Simple put, I am faster on my Strada than I am on my
zipper faired Stratus. No lie.

Jim

Old October 5th 05, 02:18 PM
gotbent

wrote in message
oups.com...
What is a NOCOM? As for these "goslow walkers", I submit to you that
these folks need to address their engine problems long before they
consider another bike. As for the "high=fast" lie, I can only offer my
own observations. Simple put, I am faster on my Strada than I am on my
zipper faired Stratus. No lie.

Jim

A NOCOM is a plastic bent made iin Poland and is considered to be the
fastest unfaired bike in existance. Do a Google for the Velokraft site.
Fast isn't the same as faster. If you can't ride a solo (no pace line, clock
keeps running when you take a **** break) on the road century in about
3:50", you aren't fast.

Old October 5th 05, 03:13 PM

Interesting. I will have a look. Thanks.

Jim

Old October 5th 05, 03:54 PM

Wow! NOCOM looks awesome!

ANNOUNCE: blog is up Andy Gee General 0 October 8th 05 09:21 PM
blog place bowerm Rides 5 August 28th 05 02:48 AM
travel/running/biking blog bowerm Rides 0 May 3rd 05 02:01 AM
travel/running/biking blog bowerm UK 0 May 3rd 05 02:01 AM