random

Old July 1st 05, 07:58 PM
gym.gravity

Default random

did they use a random number finding program to come up with this one?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...l05/jul02news2

Old July 1st 05, 08:05 PM
B. Lafferty

"gym.gravity" wrote in message
oups.com...
did they use a random number finding program to come up with this one?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...l05/jul02news2

Yes. A French random number finding program. ;-)

Old July 2nd 05, 01:25 AM
routebeer

"gym.gravity" wrote in message
oups.com...
did they use a random number finding program to come up with this one?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...l05/jul02news2

I wonder if it would be considered blood doping if he stored some of his
blood to replace what they take for testing. It CAN NOT help to have blood
removed before an event like the TdF.

Old July 2nd 05, 01:57 AM
gwhite

routebeer wrote:

"gym.gravity" wrote in message
oups.com...
did they use a random number finding program to come up with this one?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...l05/jul02news2

I wonder if it would be considered blood doping if he stored some of his
blood to replace what they take for testing. It CAN NOT help to have blood
removed before an event like the TdF.

How long does it take for results to be made public?
Old July 2nd 05, 07:30 AM
DepartFictif

It usually takes a while. Most riders it will take some months. I'm
guess these will be quick. But then again we don't know the "true"
reasons for the test.
I would guess we probably won't know until end of or even after the
Tour.
But as I say... there are a lot of variables here.

Side Note: the amount of blood they remover for testing is very small,
within 24 hours his blood will be replaced, however, the amounts taken
are SO small, it doesn't really make any difference.

Old July 2nd 05, 02:16 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On 1 Jul 2005 11:58:44 -0700, gym.gravity wrote:
did they use a random number finding program to come up with this one?

The random element is not necessarily limited to which rider, it could
also be the timing of the test.

--
Firefox Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
Old July 3rd 05, 05:37 AM

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
On 1 Jul 2005 11:58:44 -0700, gym.gravity wrote:
did they use a random number finding program to come up with this one?

The random element is not necessarily limited to which rider, it could
also be the timing of the test.

--
Firefox Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

If the tests where at a "random time" as you suggest, shouldn't you
know this for certain? Why are guessing?

Just curious.

ray

Old July 5th 05, 12:41 AM
routebeer

"DepartFictif" wrote in message
ups.com...
It usually takes a while. Most riders it will take some months. I'm
guess these will be quick. But then again we don't know the "true"
reasons for the test.
I would guess we probably won't know until end of or even after the
Tour.
But as I say... there are a lot of variables here.

Side Note: the amount of blood they remover for testing is very small,
within 24 hours his blood will be replaced, however, the amounts taken
are SO small, it doesn't really make any difference.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought to perform the test that brought down
Hamilton, a vail of blood is needed. That's not a great deal of blood but
it sure won't be replaced in 24 hours!