A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Stealing the votes

Old October 8th 20, 08:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Stealing the votes

In 1946 as the veterans returned from the war, they returned to a town that had been when they left and still was when they returned, bigoted and corrupt with the city government itself demanding bribes from any and every business but most especially from minority owned business. So the vets started what they called the Veterans Party. When the town major and sheriff discover that they were losing on exit polls something like 2 to 1, they took the matter into their own hands. Several truck loads of people bought and paid for and armed to the teeth came down to the polling station and grabbed the ballot ballot boxes and stated that THEY would count the votes. With the town Mayor, the Sheriff and the State Governor all in on the corruption there was no one to call for help. So the Veterans party armed themselves and went down and demanded the ballot boxes to be opened and counted IN PUBLIC.. The Mayor and his armed men simply started shooting. Since the City Hall was a stone building with a very strong door, there was no way to shoot their way in or break into the building. But they were veterans of a lot worse than that. So they simply used explosives on the front door. The explosion knocked most of the armed people inside silly or unconscious. The Mayor ran out the back door and was never seen again. Sounds an awful lot like Frank to me - someone that doesn't think that anyone should be protected save for his own worthless self.

In public in the view of everyone, the ballot boxes were opened and counted and the veterans party won. And the days of corruption and politicians getting rich off of their offices were over, until the Democrats gained election after President Eisenhower left office. Then it started all over again. Do you suppose it is going to take dynamite at the front door of the Democrat Party to get a clean government again?
Ads
Old October 12th 20, 05:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
2wheelfan
external usenet poster

On Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 3:55:49 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
In 1946 as the veterans returned from the war, they returned to a town that had been when they left and still was when they returned, bigoted and corrupt with the city government itself demanding bribes from any and every business but most especially from minority owned business. So the vets started what they called the Veterans Party. When the town major and sheriff discover that they were losing on exit polls something like 2 to 1, they took the matter into their own hands. Several truck loads of people bought and paid for and armed to the teeth came down to the polling station and grabbed the ballot ballot boxes and stated that THEY would count the votes. With the town Mayor, the Sheriff and the State Governor all in on the corruption there was no one to call for help. So the Veterans party armed themselves and went down and demanded the ballot boxes to be opened and counted IN PUBLIC. The Mayor and his armed men simply started shooting. Since the City Hall was a stone building with a very strong door, there was no way to shoot their way in or break into the building. But they were veterans of a lot worse than that. So they simply used explosives on the front door. The explosion knocked most of the armed people inside silly or unconscious. The Mayor ran out the back door and was never seen again. Sounds an awful lot like Frank to me - someone that doesn't think that anyone should be protected save for his own worthless self.

In public in the view of everyone, the ballot boxes were opened and counted and the veterans party won. And the days of corruption and politicians getting rich off of their offices were over, until the Democrats gained election after President Eisenhower left office. Then it started all over again.. Do you suppose it is going to take dynamite at the front door of the Democrat Party to get a clean government again?

This is fictional, I think, but not ALL fiction. An entire Dade County council election was set aside in Miami by Florida judges because of absentee ballot fraud.

I have seen lots of election fraud in NC, due to corrupt precinct officials, due to crooks working the polls on election day, due to canvass "errors," due to "dead" voters coming back from the dead to vote, due to buying votes with money and whisky, due to counting "errors," and due to massive cheating with absentee ballots. There are more things in heaven and earth...

In the seventies when I was, for four years, a county elections official (Buncombe County, NC), we were supposed to periodically purge our records of voters who had not voted for a certain period of time, four years iirc, due either to having moved away or to have died. So these non-voters had to either re-register or be disqualified. When an election was particularly hot and clamorous, hundreds of these disqualified people who should have been removed "returned" to vote.

If the contest was close, we did not know who the winner was even when we declared him or her the winner, and so many good and honest people lost respect for our greatest bastion of democracy. Yes, it's a Constitutional republic if we can keep it, and also a democracy, deriving its powers from the people.

Often we had to wonder if the huge 500 lb. machines which were mechanical computers had been set up properly. Sometimes they were not, and a few times we had entire precincts logjammed because none of the machines would work properly.

One of the biggest reasons for loss of faith in our electoral system here in NC was the huge, and corrupting, dominance the Democratic Party had over NC's politics. During the 60's and 70's the Dems were dirty as a hog waste lagoon.

If the legislative, judicial, and executive departments of a state are dominated by the Democratic Party, checks and balances and separation of powers do not exist and the sad result is the very definition of tyranny. I remember even the newspapers and the television and radio media in NC were monopolized by Democrats. It took a long time before things changed.

Even now the Democrats have a stranglehold on our courthouses, and our judiciary. I know county judges as crooked as a bucketful of vipers. Our county clerks are almost always the sleaziest of crooks. Judges who are elected are, imho, immediately suspect. Politics attracts crooks like cowpiles draw flies.

I have seen times when the light would emerge, only to be snuffed out by more corruption and darkness. At least in NC we do at present have a delicate majority of Republicans in our General Assembly, and even they do things that are alarming, such as doing away with a public commission-- the Judicial Standards Commission -- to oversee and discipline the state's judges. Now, due to what the Republicans have done, the state's judges get their spankings in secret. And secrecy is the sworn enemy of democracy.

Time for a bike ride. I need some endorphens to stop my stomach from churning.
Old October 12th 20, 06:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 9:47:07 AM UTC-7, 2wheelfan wrote:
On Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 3:55:49 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
In 1946 as the veterans returned from the war, they returned to a town that had been when they left and still was when they returned, bigoted and corrupt with the city government itself demanding bribes from any and every business but most especially from minority owned business. So the vets started what they called the Veterans Party. When the town major and sheriff discover that they were losing on exit polls something like 2 to 1, they took the matter into their own hands. Several truck loads of people bought and paid for and armed to the teeth came down to the polling station and grabbed the ballot ballot boxes and stated that THEY would count the votes. With the town Mayor, the Sheriff and the State Governor all in on the corruption there was no one to call for help. So the Veterans party armed themselves and went down and demanded the ballot boxes to be opened and counted IN PUBLIC. The Mayor and his armed men simply started shooting. Since the City Hall was a stone building with a very strong door, there was no way to shoot their way in or break into the building. But they were veterans of a lot worse than that. So they simply used explosives on the front door. The explosion knocked most of the armed people inside silly or unconscious. The Mayor ran out the back door and was never seen again. Sounds an awful lot like Frank to me - someone that doesn't think that anyone should be protected save for his own worthless self.

In public in the view of everyone, the ballot boxes were opened and counted and the veterans party won. And the days of corruption and politicians getting rich off of their offices were over, until the Democrats gained election after President Eisenhower left office. Then it started all over again. Do you suppose it is going to take dynamite at the front door of the Democrat Party to get a clean government again?

This is fictional, I think, but not ALL fiction. An entire Dade County council election was set aside in Miami by Florida judges because of absentee ballot fraud.

I have seen lots of election fraud in NC, due to corrupt precinct officials, due to crooks working the polls on election day, due to canvass "errors," due to "dead" voters coming back from the dead to vote, due to buying votes with money and whisky, due to counting "errors," and due to massive cheating with absentee ballots. There are more things in heaven and earth...

In the seventies when I was, for four years, a county elections official (Buncombe County, NC), we were supposed to periodically purge our records of voters who had not voted for a certain period of time, four years iirc, due either to having moved away or to have died. So these non-voters had to either re-register or be disqualified. When an election was particularly hot and clamorous, hundreds of these disqualified people who should have been removed "returned" to vote.

If the contest was close, we did not know who the winner was even when we declared him or her the winner, and so many good and honest people lost respect for our greatest bastion of democracy. Yes, it's a Constitutional republic if we can keep it, and also a democracy, deriving its powers from the people.

Often we had to wonder if the huge 500 lb. machines which were mechanical computers had been set up properly. Sometimes they were not, and a few times we had entire precincts logjammed because none of the machines would work properly.

One of the biggest reasons for loss of faith in our electoral system here in NC was the huge, and corrupting, dominance the Democratic Party had over NC's politics. During the 60's and 70's the Dems were dirty as a hog waste lagoon.

If the legislative, judicial, and executive departments of a state are dominated by the Democratic Party, checks and balances and separation of powers do not exist and the sad result is the very definition of tyranny. I remember even the newspapers and the television and radio media in NC were monopolized by Democrats. It took a long time before things changed.

Even now the Democrats have a stranglehold on our courthouses, and our judiciary. I know county judges as crooked as a bucketful of vipers. Our county clerks are almost always the sleaziest of crooks. Judges who are elected are, imho, immediately suspect. Politics attracts crooks like cowpiles draw flies.

I have seen times when the light would emerge, only to be snuffed out by more corruption and darkness. At least in NC we do at present have a delicate majority of Republicans in our General Assembly, and even they do things that are alarming, such as doing away with a public commission-- the Judicial Standards Commission -- to oversee and discipline the state's judges. Now, due to what the Republicans have done, the state's judges get their spankings in secret. And secrecy is the sworn enemy of democracy.

Time for a bike ride. I need some endorphens to stop my stomach from churning.

Thanks for your comments. How much of that report of the Veterans' party was true and how much imagination would probably remain unknown since all of those people have died since then.

I really need a ride myself but with the ashfall and respiratory problems I do not dare.