SUV for MTB hauling

Old October 11th 04, 11:28 PM
Tom Keats

In article 1097201710.JFN9FZHLR3gwsKfpNsD1IQ@teranews,
"Mike Kruger" writes:

Paul Dudley White.
What's below is from his biography at
http://www.whonamedit.com/doctor.cfm/999.html

"In 1955 he attended president Eisenhower during his cardiac infarct and it
is said that only he and the president were convinced that the president
would survive. ...White emphasised the importance of prevention of coronary
disease and was a strong advocate of fitness and exercise in aiding its
prevention. His use of the bicycle was known throughout the world and the 17
miles

"Dr. Paul Dudley White Bike Path in the Boston-Brookline area is named for
him.

"White was a founder of the American Heart Association."

A picture of Ike and Kay Summersby on a tandem, with Ike stoking
(after all, Kay was his driver), would be interesting.

Anyhow, I'm glad Dr White got at least some recognition, by
having a bike path memorialized in his honour. His story
sounds like he deserves better than being an unsung hero ...
of /cycling/, that is. It might even make good PBS
documentary fodder. NOVA could do something about the history
of cycling in America; after all, they did that one about the
first trans-American automobile trip.

I've done some brief looks for an on-line version of that pic
with Ike and Dr White, but no soap so far.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old October 12th 04, 12:53 AM
Ed

In article , Tom Keats says...

Dwight had his driver (hubba hubba.) JFK was too much into
football to be into cycling. Since then you guys have gone
through Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush the Elder,
Clinton ...

I seem to remember that Ford was a good college football player.