Ordering from Cycle Sport?

Old October 12th 04, 10:25 PM
Badger_South

Default Ordering from Cycle Sport?

I'm thinking of getting some of the TdF vids from the past from Cycle Sport
magazine. Wondering if anyone has ordered anything from them. Experiences?
Good, bad?

Gotta have something to get me through the winter, eh? ;-)

TIA,

-B

Old October 12th 04, 11:54 PM
the black rose

Badger_South wrote:
I'm thinking of getting some of the TdF vids from the past from Cycle Sport
magazine. Wondering if anyone has ordered anything from them. Experiences?
Good, bad?

Gotta have something to get me through the winter, eh? ;-)

*snorfle* You're REALLY addicted to the TdF, Badger. Hehe.

-km

--
Only cowards fight kids -- unidentified Moscow protester

proud to be owned by a yorkie
Old October 13th 04, 12:17 AM
Badger_South

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:54:09 GMT, the black rose
wrote:

Badger_South wrote:
I'm thinking of getting some of the TdF vids from the past from Cycle Sport
magazine. Wondering if anyone has ordered anything from them. Experiences?
Good, bad?

Gotta have something to get me through the winter, eh? ;-)

*snorfle* You're REALLY addicted to the TdF, Badger. Hehe.

-km

Humph. I'm not addicted. I can stop anytime I want to...

I just don't want to... %-)

-B

Old October 13th 04, 04:05 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

"Badger_South" wrote in message ...
I'm thinking of getting some of the TdF vids from the past from Cycle Sport
magazine. Wondering if anyone has ordered anything from them. Experiences?

You mean DVDs of course, but anyway, there are better races
to watch than the tour. Get Milan-San Remo and Giro di Lombardia.

If you really must watch the TdF, then the '94 is the best, that's
when Mig showed Lance just how fast we ride time trials. It was
a real eye opener for him that day.

Old October 13th 04, 05:30 PM
A. BRENNER

Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:

If you really must watch the TdF, then the '94 is the best, that's
when Mig showed Lance just how fast we ride time trials. It was
a real eye opener for him that day.

Funny you mention that, I just watched it last night. Lance gets
overtaken by Indurain just a few minutes into the time trial. In the
interview segment afterwards, he is still reeling and a little
astonished. He says that he tried to keep up Indurain's pace after
being passed, but the effort exhausted him completely.

Also amazing that year was Chris Boardman's crushing performance in the
Prologue. I think it's still the record for fastest Prologue?
Old October 13th 04, 10:32 PM
RWM

"Badger_South" wrote in message
I'm thinking of getting some of the TdF vids from the past from Cycle
Sport
magazine. Wondering if anyone has ordered anything from them. Experiences?
Good, bad?

Gotta have something to get me through the winter, eh? ;-)

TIA,

-B

I have ordered many items from them over the years. It was always a great
experience, quick shipping and nice products.

Old October 14th 04, 02:48 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

"A. BRENNER" wrote in message ...

Also amazing that year was Chris Boardman's crushing performance in the
Prologue. I think it's still the record for fastest Prologue?

And then he lost the yellow jersey the day before the tour
went over to England for two stages.