Bust campag ergo lever

Old March 12th 09, 02:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Clive George

Default Bust campag ergo lever

The big flappy shifting lever on my campag mirage ergos broke today :-(
That's the one on the pivot immediately behind the brake lever, not the one
inboard which you operate with the thumb.

Can these be replaced? Can one get spares? It's the LH one.

Old March 12th 09, 03:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Paul M. Hobson[_2_]

Clive George wrote:
The big flappy shifting lever on my campag mirage ergos broke today :-(
That's the one on the pivot immediately behind the brake lever, not the one
inboard which you operate with the thumb.

Can these be replaced? Can one get spares? It's the LH one.

Universal Cycles' online store sells individual levers.
http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...&category=2739

Looks like you're in luck.

--
Paul M. Hobson
..:change the f to ph to reply:.
Old March 12th 09, 12:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
P. Chisholm

On Mar 11, 8:17*pm, "Clive George" wrote:
The big flappy shifting lever on my campag mirage ergos broke today :-(
That's the one on the pivot immediately behind the brake lever, not the one
inboard which you operate with the thumb.

Can these be replaced? Can one get spares? It's the LH one.

Which lever? What year, shape? If a 1999 or later I can fix it. Send
it to me for one day turnaround.

http://www.vecchios.com
Old March 12th 09, 08:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Clive George

"P. Chisholm" wrote in message
On Mar 11, 8:17 pm, "Clive George" wrote:
The big flappy shifting lever on my campag mirage ergos broke today :-(
That's the one on the pivot immediately behind the brake lever, not the
one
inboard which you operate with the thumb.

Can these be replaced? Can one get spares? It's the LH one.

Which lever? What year, shape? If a 1999 or later I can fix it. Send
it to me for one day turnaround.

http://www.vecchios.com

Mirage 2004 or 2005. One day turnaround, but there's the small matter of the
big wet thing between us :-)

I was almost hopeful when I saw the exploded parts list - but then I saw the
pin which holds it on is riveted, so the whole thing has to come apart to
replace that lever :-(

Unless of course I can replace the pin with a screw. Hmmm...

Old March 13th 09, 01:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
P. Chisholm

On Mar 12, 2:52*pm, "Clive George" wrote:
"P. Chisholm" wrote in message

On Mar 11, 8:17 pm, "Clive George" wrote:
The big flappy shifting lever on my campag mirage ergos broke today :-(
That's the one on the pivot immediately behind the brake lever, not the
one
inboard which you operate with the thumb.

Can these be replaced? Can one get spares? It's the LH one.

Which lever? What year, shape? If a 1999 or later I can fix it. Send
it to me for one day turnaround.

http://www.vecchios.com

Mirage 2004 or 2005. One day turnaround, but there's the small matter of the
big wet thing between us :-)

I was almost hopeful when I saw the exploded parts list - but then I saw the
pin which holds it on is riveted, so the whole thing has to come apart to
replace that lever :-(

Unless of course I can replace the pin with a screw. Hmmm...

The shift lever assembly is available as a part and pretty easy to
install. I can send you one. $65 + $10 shipping even on the right side
of the pond. Cheaper than a new lever.

One day turn around meant I do it the day I get it..BTW.
Old March 13th 09, 01:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

"P. Chisholm" wrote in message

[...]

"I would defer to Peter Chisholm of Vecchio's in Boulder, Colo." - The
late Sheldon Brown on Ergo lever modification and repair.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll