Is Google Groups down for everybody else?

Old July 31st 11, 06:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan

Default Is Google Groups down for everybody else?

They go up and down, but man - they've only sputtered up once in the last
week or so.
Old July 31st 11, 01:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DougC

On 7/31/2011 12:56 AM, Dan wrote:

They go up and down, but man - they've only sputtered up once in the last
week or so.

It seems to be working for me at the moment (it appears to reach
rec.bicycles.tech)

Also if you were unaware, there is this site (for future reference)-
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
Old July 31st 11, 05:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 7/30/2011 10:56 PM, Dan wrote:

They go up and down, but man - they've only sputtered up once in the last
week or so.

No new posts appear to be being added.

BTW, there are some free Usenet services if your ISP has dropped Usenet.

http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/eternal-september.html appears to be
the most widely used.

Also see http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Usenet/Public_News_Servers/
Old July 31st 11, 06:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan

SMS writes:

On 7/30/2011 10:56 PM, Dan wrote:

They go up and down, but man - they've only sputtered up once in the last
week or so.

No new posts appear to be being added.

BTW, there are some free Usenet services if your ISP has dropped Usenet.

http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/eternal-september.html appears to be
the most widely used.

Also see http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Usenet/Public_News_Servers/

Well, yeah - I have a workaround.

I'm wondering if Doug can see any of this via GG (?) Perhaps "down" was
not the best choice of terminology.

And sorry for the OT.

And I know Google Groups is disdained, but it's very handy. And they hold
the invaluable deja archives. And I think they're not evil.
Old July 31st 11, 06:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T°m Sherm@n

On 7/31/2011 12:01 PM, Dan wrote:
writes:

On 7/30/2011 10:56 PM, Dan wrote:

They go up and down, but man - they've only sputtered up once in the last
week or so.

No new posts appear to be being added.

BTW, there are some free Usenet services if your ISP has dropped Usenet.

http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/eternal-september.html appears to be
the most widely used.

Also seehttp://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Usenet/Public_News_Servers/

Well, yeah - I have a workaround.

I'm wondering if Doug can see any of this via GG (?) Perhaps "down" was
not the best choice of terminology.

And sorry for the OT.

And I know Google Groups is disdained, but it's very handy. And they hold
the invaluable deja archives. And I think they're not evil.

They do seem to be an afterthought. And Google really needs to fix
things to conform with Usenet convention.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old July 31st 11, 07:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 7/31/2011 10:01 AM, Dan wrote:

And I know Google Groups is disdained, but it's very handy. And they hold
the invaluable deja archives. And I think they're not evil.

I still use "deja.com" to go to Google Groups.

The problem is that Google doesn't do filtering of spam on Usenet like
Sonic.net does. Also I have extensive filters set up to filter out all
the trolls and annoying posters that I've build up over the years.
Old August 1st 11, 04:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T°m Sherm@n

On 7/31/2011 1:20 PM, SMS wrote:
On 7/31/2011 10:01 AM, Dan wrote:

And I know Google Groups is disdained, but it's very handy. And they hold
the invaluable deja archives. And I think they're not evil.

I still use "deja.com" to go to Google Groups.

The problem is that Google doesn't do filtering of spam on Usenet like
Sonic.net does. Also I have extensive filters set up to filter out all
the trolls and annoying posters that I've build up over the years.

Scharf has himself kill-filed?

Old August 1st 11, 06:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article ,
Dan wrote:

SMS writes:

On 7/30/2011 10:56 PM, Dan wrote:

They go up and down, but man - they've only sputtered up once in the last
week or so.

No new posts appear to be being added.

BTW, there are some free Usenet services if your ISP has dropped Usenet.

http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/eternal-september.html appears to be
the most widely used.

Also see http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Usenet/Public_News_Servers/

Well, yeah - I have a workaround.

I'm wondering if Doug can see any of this via GG (?) Perhaps "down" was
not the best choice of terminology.

And sorry for the OT.

And I know Google Groups is disdained, but it's very handy. And they hold
the invaluable deja archives. And I think they're not evil.

They are not on the side of the angels, either.

--
Michael Press
Old August 2nd 11, 05:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DirtRoadie

On Jul 30, 11:56*pm, Dan wrote:
They go up and down, but man - they've only sputtered up once in the last
week or so.

This is my first glimpse of anything resembling an update since AM of
7-29.
DR
Old August 2nd 11, 05:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T°m Sherm@n

On 7/31/2011 12:56 AM, Dan wrote:

They go up and down, but man - they've only sputtered up once in the last
week or so.

Is everything Google down for everyone else?