My New Freestyle Video

Old January 9th 05, 01:07 AM
jsm

Default My New Freestyle Video

First of all, a big thank you to Danio149 for hosting my video. I have
been compiling some freestyle footage for a couple of months now, and in
the grand unicyclist.com tradition of showing off, I decided to post it
here. I'm sorry about the poor quality of some of the clips, especially
the coasting and hand wheel walk ones, but I think the video should be
interesting anyway. Here's the link.http://gallery.unicyclist.com/JSM
A few notes on the clips;
The backward wheel walk was my best ever at over 50 steps. I was
thrilled to capture it on film.
The trick near the end is seat in front one-footed leg extended. Because
of the filming angle it is hard to see that I have the seat out.
There is no gliding in the video; its all coasting except where I
transition out of coasting.
Hope you enjoy it and thanks for watching.
Jonathan Miersma

--
jsm - Freestyle below Freezing!

Why ride with your feet when you could just as well use your hands?
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

Old January 9th 05, 01:28 AM
DigitalDave

Nice maneuvering in that room.
(I see no holes in the walls )

--
DigitalDave - scabless

'nf7-s ~ xp2400mobile'
(http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=21988)
'19,812 3dm01' (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8347718)

my will to live was stronger than my will to die - iggy pop
what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger - i dunno
DigitalDave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8003

Old January 9th 05, 01:48 AM
unitrialser

Wow, awesome video. That was some *really* great riding. I couldn't
see alot of the clips though, but all those backward walk the wheels
were so good. Good video!

--
unitrialser - Team Hazard

Mindless Films
http://www.geocities.com/mindless_films

"Pink is the new black." -- Jess Riegal's Helmet
unitrialser's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8794

Old January 9th 05, 01:53 AM
Catboy

Pretty amazing stuff you do. I reely like the feet in back forwards
wheelwalking, and the dog...

Very nice work.

--
Catboy - RIP Unibiker

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

RIP Unibiker

Old January 9th 05, 02:06 AM
jsm

I forgot to say, the reason the poor quality is that all the clips were
taken on my family's digital camera's video setting. Also my brother set
the camera at the wrong resolution for some of the clips.
I haven't put any holes in the wall yet, although I did slightly damage
a speaker once. By this time I'm pretty experienced with maneuvering
down there.

Old January 9th 05, 07:26 AM
andrew_carter

*Wow!* Amazing riding. It's great to finally see a freestyle video pop
up here at unicyclist.com. My favourite clip was the wheel walking of
sorts where you had your toes in the spokes behind the
frame...brilliant!

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Unicycling because it's really fun!

carter.andrew (at) gmail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
*'My big movie (51MB, DivX)' (http://tinyurl.com/4bxdl)*

Old January 9th 05, 07:16 PM
Erin

Wow, good work JSM! I was so impressed with what you could do in such a
small space! So those of us dealing with snowy streets and icy trails
have no excuse for not working on uni skills. Hey, all it looks like we
need is a small bedroom or the corner of a living room.

Great ending with you juggling the three clubs while idling....very
controlled start and finish. Well done.

--
Erin - Onewheeler

Ride more, with less.
Erin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2036

Old January 9th 05, 07:44 PM
lleberg

Really nice.

--
lleberg - Level 4 unicyclist

I 3 my unicycle!
lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

Old January 10th 05, 07:24 AM
jsm

I'm glad you liked it. It was a lot of fun to make.

I thought I should make a note on the forward wheel walk, with the feet
in back. Although I try to be original in my unicycling, I did not
invent that one, and I don't want to create that impression. I believe
it was invented by Dustin Kelm. At least, he's the only person I know of
who has done it. I saw him do it in a video on unicyclist.org. When I
saw the video, I thought it would be cool to try to learn it, but I
didn't get around to working on it until a few weeks ago. I'm not that
good at it, and I can only do it barefoot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the technical term for this one is
forward spoke walk. I know it's backward spoke walk if you put your feet
in back on the sides of the tire, (it's on the IUF skills list) so since
this is just the same trick except forward, it should be called forward
spoke walk.

--
jsm - Freestyle below Freezing!

jsm to BMX posers: "So, what do you do with the extra wheel?"
BMX poser: "Uhhh...., I dunno."

jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

Old January 10th 05, 08:08 AM
Klaas Bil

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 19:07:02 -0600, "jsm" wrote:

Hope you enjoy it and thanks for watching.

I enjoyed it. Amazing wheel walk varieties. Some of the outside clips
were too far away. Did I see a one-handed handride about halfway?
Couldn't discern quite well.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
It's impossible to get old when you ride a unicycle - John (what's in a name) Childs