Police get tough with scofflaws

Old June 2nd 13, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

Default Police get tough with scofflaws

On 1 June, 16:10, "Partac" wrote:
"JNugent" *wrote in ...

On 31/05/2013 11:32, Partac wrote:

http://www.windsorexpress.co.uk/News...ist-arrested-f...

QUOTE:
...the woman told an employee at the estate agent she was in a rush to
get a train to work when she cycled up the street and had not realised
it was one-way.
ENDQUOTE

What, it's on her way to the station where she catches the train to work
every day and she "had not realised it was one-way"?

Yeah, right.

For the avoidance of doubt, I've taken the liberty of posting the Google
Earth street view of the road in question. I'll leave it up to the panel to
decide whether she was genuinely mistaken, or if she was just lying through
her teeth:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96800572@N02/8912745605/

Excellent. The signage is not legally binding, even to a person
driving a licensed vehicle. Any "notice" or "order" which may or
may not exist in the scrolls of office can not awfully be enforced or
penalty made. The signage does not comply with the prescribed format
as recorded in the legislaughter. As I said, thick as ...
Old June 2nd 13, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On 2 June, 08:47, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
thirty-six wrote:
On 1 June, 10:06, Dave- Cyclists VORC
wrote:
On 01/06/2013 02:14, thirty-six wrote:

On May 31, 11:39 am, JNugent wrote:
On 31/05/2013 11:32, Partac wrote:

http://www.windsorexpress.co.uk/News...ist-arrested-f...

QUOTE:
...the woman told an employee at the estate agent she was in a
rush to get a train to work when she cycled up the street and had
not realised it was one-way.
ENDQUOTE

What, it's on her way to the station where she catches the train
to work every day and she "had not realised it was one-way"?

Yeah, right.

fro m the article in question it seems that an officer for the crown
collection agency believed that the cyclist's thinking be wrong and
decided he could arrest despite there being no evidence that any
signage (whether or not exists) was contravened with intent, or
otherwise. By all accounts presented, this appears to be an unlawful
arrest causing personal injury and unnecessary detention.

FFS we have another one.

Large latte & an espresso please.

--
Dave - Cyclists VORC
Bicycles are for Children. Like masturbation, something you should

the woman was arrested despite no witness that she had contravened any
regulation that applied to her and the location in the presence of
appropriate signage.

The witness was the person that detained her.

A person, bound by legislation. He, the crown's officer, likely
contravened that legislation and is liable to penalty, and he made an
unlawful arrest.

*tTaffic signage and the laws
applicable to them applies to traffic, bicycles are traffic. *Would you like
a longer shovel?

No, I use a stick for sowing. :-)

Old June 2nd 13, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

thirty-six wrote:
On 1 June, 16:10, "Partac" wrote:
[...]

Signage looks good to me, what do you think is wrong with it? No entry
signs apply to all vehicular traffic, and a bicycle is a vehicle.

Old June 2nd 13, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On 2 June, 09:03, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
thirty-six wrote:
On 1 June, 16:10, "Partac" wrote:
[...]

I obviously have greater awareness of UK-law than your deluded
understanding.

If you wish to engage your mind, please do it for the good and not be
so willing to voice your misunderstanding. The signage does not
comply with that prescribed under UK-law. It will be for the
prosecution to find the legislation and present it to court.
Examination of the legislation which was current at the time will show
that signage not to be proper and any penalties unenforceable. When
this is said to the arresting officer, great damages can later be
brought due to the injury made by false arrest, loss of liberty, blah
de blah.
Old June 2nd 13, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bruise Prestine

thirty-six wrote:

[...] I would be happy to read about a "person" in my book of truth,
please guide me to the relevant parts of the King James Bible. Be
aware that this is the book I shall hold at court. This is not for
theatrics, but to uphold the truth.

When I first heard the Manic Street Preachers' line: "This Is My Truth
Tell Me Yours", I remember thinking there was no sense in that (just
some more nollocks, really)... but I know better now.

In fact, this newsgroup is as good a demonstration as any of us need
to show that we do indeed, as individuals, hold our own 'truths' - and
that these 'truths' may, or may not, be the same as those held by
other individuals around us.

--
Alexis
Old June 2nd 13, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave- Cyclists VORC

wrote:
[...]

Two cappuccinos, one latte, one espresso please.

Old June 2nd 13, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 23:08:33 +0100, Judith wrote:

You really are a ******

Why do people insult others?

You're not being insulted, you're being honoured!
Old June 2nd 13, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

thirty-six wrote:
On 1 June, 16:10, "Partac" wrote:
[...]

So what is wrong with it?
Is it because it is not mentioned in the magna carta?

Old June 2nd 13, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On 2 June, 10:30, Bruise Prestine wrote:
thirty-six wrote:
[...] I would be happy to read about a "person" in my book of truth,
please guide me to the relevant parts of the King James Bible. *Be
aware that this is the book I shall hold at court. *This is not for
theatrics, but to uphold the truth.

When I first heard the Manic Street Preachers' line: "This Is My Truth
Tell Me Yours", I remember thinking there was no sense in that (just
some more nollocks, really)... but I know better now.

In fact, this newsgroup is as good a demonstration as any of us need
to show that we do indeed, as individuals, hold our own 'truths' - and
that these 'truths' may, or may not, be the same as those held by
other individuals around us.

I sense that there may be some frustration by more than yourself.

it's tough out there AMuzi Techniques 1 January 27th 11 12:17 AM
Here's a tough one jimmymac Techniques 0 November 14th 06 07:43 PM
Think you've got it tough? cfsmtb Australia 13 November 10th 06 02:24 AM
They think they are tough, JD Mountain Biking 15 December 19th 03 03:46 AM
Tough day for cyclists Fred General 17 September 28th 03 01:41 AM