Summer holidays

Old July 22nd 05, 07:55 AM
wafflycat

Default Summer holidays

Well, today is the last day of term for Nathan. The obligatory sponsored
walk today and then no college until September. I forsee lots of
'suggestions' about day rides coming up over the next six weeks so there is
no total vegging out in front of the TV ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old July 22nd 05, 08:31 AM
LSMike

"wafflycat" waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk wrote in message
Well, today is the last day of term for Nathan. The obligatory sponsored
walk today and then no college until September. I forsee lots of
'suggestions' about day rides coming up over the next six weeks so there
is no total vegging out in front of the TV ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Lots of fun for you, yay!

Old July 22nd 05, 08:57 AM
David Martin

wafflycat wrote:
Well, today is the last day of term for Nathan. The obligatory sponsored
walk today and then no college until September. I forsee lots of
'suggestions' about day rides coming up over the next six weeks so there is
no total vegging out in front of the TV ;-)

Well you could try the "Have you ever been to xxxx?" "No". "Here's a
map, tent and sleeping bag, off you go". Time for an End to End?

...d

Old July 22nd 05, 09:18 AM
Tony W

"wafflycat" waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk wrote in message
Well, today is the last day of term for Nathan. The obligatory sponsored
walk today and then no college until September. I forsee lots of
'suggestions' about day rides coming up over the next six weeks so there

is
no total vegging out in front of the TV ;-)

Sometime soon he will discover sex, drugs and rock & roll. Then who will
you go riding with?

Old July 22nd 05, 09:47 AM
wafflycat

"Tony W" wrote in message

Sometime soon he will discover sex, drugs and rock & roll. Then who will
you go riding with?

So far he's discovered the rock & roll and he's had loads of information
about safe sex and the good idea of avoiding drugs. I have a family member
who pretty much ruined their life through drug abuse, and I've been very
open about that with him. So as a parent all I can do is hope I've given him
a loving, secure base where he can cope with what life chucks at him,
avoiding the bigger pitfalls. As for the cycling, good job I'm an
anti-social biddy who doesn't mind riding on her own ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old July 22nd 05, 10:36 AM
Dave Larrington

wafflycat wrote:
Well, today is the last day of term for Nathan. The obligatory
sponsored walk today and then no college until September. I forsee
lots of 'suggestions' about day rides coming up over the next six
weeks so there is no total vegging out in front of the TV ;-)

At least this mean you'll get the trike back.

Doesn't it?

If you want a bicycle, buy a bicycle. If you want something that
folds, buy a deckchair.

Old July 22nd 05, 11:09 AM
wafflycat

"Dave Larrington" wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:
Well, today is the last day of term for Nathan. The obligatory
sponsored walk today and then no college until September. I forsee
lots of 'suggestions' about day rides coming up over the next six
weeks so there is no total vegging out in front of the TV ;-)

At least this mean you'll get the trike back.

Doesn't it?

It might :-)

Cheers, helen s

Old July 22nd 05, 01:46 PM
JohnB

David Martin wrote:

wafflycat wrote:
Well, today is the last day of term for Nathan. The obligatory sponsored
walk today and then no college until September. I forsee lots of
'suggestions' about day rides coming up over the next six weeks so there is
no total vegging out in front of the TV ;-)

Well you could try the "Have you ever been to xxxx?" "No". "Here's a
map, tent and sleeping bag, off you go". Time for an End to End?

Exactly my thoughts.
Give him some independence and let him experience fending for himself.
An E2E would be an excellent good choice.

My daughter, who i think is Nathans' age has a number of independent
cycle camping trips already lined up.

Bit of a problem though, she's just landed a holiday job in a firm of
acturies (her chosen career path) at so many zillions per hour [1]

[1] for a younster anyway.

John B

RR: a Summer double header Jimbo(san) Mountain Biking 12 June 14th 05 08:42 PM
100% OT; school holidays MartinM UK 106 June 21st 04 07:18 AM
Vivir España 2004: a Summer under the Spanish Sun Vivir Espa?a 2004 General 0 May 17th 04 12:20 AM
Vivir España 2004: a Summer under the Spanish Sun Vivir Espa?a 2004 Rides 0 May 17th 04 12:20 AM
Super Summer Riding Shaping up... Roger Buchanan Mountain Biking 1 April 15th 04 07:31 PM