OT Travel Ban Ruling

Old February 17th 17, 06:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

Default OT Travel Ban Ruling

On 17/02/2017 1:14 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/17/2017 12:07 PM, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 11:21:10 AM UTC-5, Tim McNamara wrote:

the map judges BG. Sanity are norms agreed upon by the people and/or
the rulers.

HRC won by 3M votes. Not counting illegals. Deducting for below normal
intelligence, prob 8M

Cubs won the World Series even though Cleveland had more hits. Are you
that guy who, after the cards are dealt, says, "Oh, and one-eyed Jacks
are wild" ?

Trump won the election. I just wish he would stop talking about how
marvelous his victory was and move on to telling us what his plans are
to fix everything that he says only he can fix. So far we only hear
that he's the only one that can fix the mess that he was left with
because he's the smartest, least racist, least antisemitic and bestest
of all on the earth. The propensity to speak only in superlatives is
grating as hell.

Watching that speech yesterday was painful. I'm not sure how anyone can
listen to that and think that we're OK.
Old February 17th 17, 07:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

McNamara wrote:

[...]

Warning: Cycling reference -

As long as we're wishing and dreaming, maybe he could get on
a bike once in a while. That man looks, uh, huge.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 17th 17, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

McNamara wrote:

[...]

Well you know anyone on a bike is usually one or two degrees cooler than
the same one not on a bike, so who knows...
Old February 17th 17, 07:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 7:00:48 PM UTC, AMuzi wrote:

Warning: Cycling reference -

As long as we're wishing and dreaming, maybe he could get on
a bike once in a while. That man looks, uh, huge.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

How DARE you insert a cycling reference in a political thread on RBT?!

(sgnd) Outraged In Ruislip
Old February 17th 17, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 4:11:00 PM UTC, W. Wesley Groleau wrote:
On 2/17/17 3:24 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Actually, there are art forms for any ONE of the three basic
requirements. If it has meter, but nothing else, it's a tone poem. If
it makes some sense, but doesn't rhyme or have a meter, it's free
verse. If the words make sense, but lack rhyme or meter, it's called
prose.

To paraphrase you...
Tone poem: meter, no rhyme nor reason.
Free verse: reason, but no rhyme or meter.
Prose: reason, but no rhyme or meter.

So you left out
Rap: Way too much rhyme, no meter, and no reason.

(Not all of it; some is good. But most is useless.)

--
Wes Groleau

Thanks, Jeff, thanks Wes, posted to my FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/andre.jute.5

Andre Jute
You guys will put me out of business
Old February 17th 17, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 4:01:32 PM UTC, W. Wesley Groleau wrote:
On 2/17/17 4:02 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
I was talking about the judgement of history, Wes, not the contemporary judgements of biased journalists, which are basically the same as the biased lies of the American mainstream media. If you go back and you read the papers of the 1980s, you'll discover that the predictable clowns on the predictable papers hated Reagan as much as they hated Thatcher, or more, since he was an American. You can read what I think of British journalists, many of whom I identify by name, in my book on Stieg Larsson, see

I was talking about the quotes from European leaders. Although, they
were quoted by journalists, and I am well aware that they are barely
more trustworthy than politicians.

--
Wes Groleau

Your leftwing European pol and your leftwing European journo are basically interchangeable; both will lie unblushingly for "the cause"; however, we have advanced from the position in the first half of the last century in that very few, rather than most, of them will now commit "the few necessary murders" for "the cause".

The same interchangeability is not necessarily true on the right where people have proper understanding of division of functions (I don't care about that: I'm just explaining the condition), though there are some outstanding examples of politicians, for instance Boris Johnson, who can write entertainingly.

Andre Jute
By golly, I coulda been a pedontologist
Old February 17th 17, 07:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

McNamara wrote:

[...]

I count on it. -- AJ
Old February 17th 17, 07:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2/17/2017 1:51 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Agreed.
His Churchill (did the world really need one more Churchill
biography?) was light and enjoyable, a quick pleasant read.

Old February 17th 17, 09:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

McNamara wrote:

[...]

John Kerry would kick his ass. http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...e_3324150c.jpg

-- Jay Beattie.
Old February 17th 17, 09:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Jeff Liebermann writes:

On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 01:56:57 +0100, "W. Wesley Groleau"
wrote:

On 2/16/17 8:50 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Take away the music from rap and hip-hop, and what's left is a poetry

I'm not sure something with indeterminate meter and indeterminate
meaning can be called poetry just because several of the words rhyme.

I'm sure. Try some of Lewis Caroll's poetry, which generally has
meter, usually rhymes, but makes little sense since he contrives some
of his words for the ocassion:
https://www.poemhunter.com/lewis-carroll/poems/

They make a little more sense when you read some of the saccharine
Victorian children's lit that they were satirizing. I recommend Martin
Gardner's _Annotated_Alice_. Some of the words are easily enough
understood that they have entered the standard English lexicon, eg
"chortle".

Actually, there are art forms for any ONE of the three basic
requirements. If it has meter, but nothing else, it's a tone poem. If
it makes some sense, but doesn't rhyme or have a meter, it's free
verse. If the words make sense, but lack rhyme or meter, it's called
prose.

So the difference between free verse and prose is "makes some sense" vs
"makes sense"? I must run into a lot of inadvertent free verse in my
daily life.

Ruling requested. Michael Press Racing 4 July 21st 11 04:27 AM
Fork travel recommendations on FS with 2 1/2" rear travel crossnutz Mountain Biking 0 November 12th 06 09:49 PM
CAS Ruling Bill C Racing 7 June 30th 06 08:49 AM
130mm travel fork on 100mm travel specific frame Richard Hamilton Mountain Biking 12 February 1st 05 11:10 AM
130mm travel fork on 100mm travel specific frame Richard Hamilton UK 3 January 29th 05 10:38 AM