KH trials wheelset question

Old December 4th 03, 01:28 AM
sabin_a.

Default KH trials wheelset question

As most of you have figured out at some time or another when riding
trials, "Hey, I need a stronger wheelset." Well, I was wondering if the
KH trials wheelset could fit a Yuni frame/Bedford. Unicycle.com said the
KH wheelset wouldn't fit because it has 42mm bearings and the Yuni frame
only takes 40mm. Some people say it is possible to fit the KH and a
great alternative to profiles.

Could some one clarify if that the KH trials wheelset will or will
not fit the Bedford/Yuni frame? This would be a big help.

Thanks,
-Sabin

--
sabin_a. - Trials rider

Revenge is sweet, but too many sweets can cause cavities.
sabin_a.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4457

Old December 4th 03, 01:10 PM
joe

Yeah,

I have a Kh wheelset on my Nimbus (YUni) Frame.

So, yes.. it does fit!

Joe,

--
joe - Using the brake in anger!!

www.cool.unicyclist.com
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

Old December 4th 03, 01:34 PM
thinuniking

it does fit phil has a kh in a yuni/nimbus but it does not fit as well
as it does in a kh frame i think not sure though

--
thinuniking - mad as a clown

i have given up the wheel to live
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

Old December 4th 03, 04:54 PM
chirokid

joe wrote:
*I have a Kh wheelset on my Nimbus (YUni) Frame.
Joe, *

Me too. It fits great in my Yuni frame. --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"my gyroscope is in my head......." Zod
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old December 4th 03, 07:34 PM
mango

Would it be possible to put different sized bearings on the KH Wheelset
so that it fit more snuggly, or are bearings pretty hard to get on and
off?

--
mango - unity - as 1 stand together
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Old December 5th 03, 12:52 AM
sabin_a.

Thank you for replying. Thats great news that the KH wheelset will fit
the Yuni frame. But just to make sure, this
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=664 is the KH wheelset I
was talking about.

So this is the one you guys have, and it fits.

-Sabin

Old December 5th 03, 01:26 AM
sabin_a.

Does anybody have any pictures of a KH (splined) trials wheelset on a
Yuni frame?

-Sabin

Old December 5th 03, 03:56 PM
CouldUni

Here's a pic of the KH 20 wheelset (I think it's a 20") on a bedford
frame.
http://tinyurl.com/xvk4

--
CouldUni