Close Encounter

Old March 31st 06, 09:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Close Encounter

This was posted on our work cycling newsgroup from one of the guys in
Canberra...........

A friend of mine was on his regular morning ride to work this morning and
has penned this ride report.

Wednesday morning started darkly as our hero, The Black Adder, left the
Brighton Apartments (the spiritual and ancestral home of The Capital Train)
in the pre dawn light for the first 25 of his 50 daily commuting kms. Ten
Tonne Tessie moved spiritedly beneath him as he rolled out of the driveway,
songs in the key of black pumping on the i-pod (ACDC's Shoot to Thrill).

The Adder's legs felt strong as he headed down Wentworth Avenue towards the
lake with a view to a quick lap on the way to the office. After allowing a
small peloton of lesser cyclists to pass him at a set of lights The Adder
turned onto the bike path and immediately upped the speed. Legs pumping,
Tessie performing silently under him (except for the frog croaking pedals)
The Adder was soon flying along passing other cyclists and pedestrians
alike.

He noticed a distant well, spaced group of four people, in single file,
walking at a moderate pace. The adder, wary of previous altercations
activated his pedestrian warning device; no response, again... no response.
He shot past the tail ender turning around to deliver a withering stare at
the interloper's disregard for The Adders cycling powers.

Just in time he turned back to be confronted by the sight of the second
walker (in a green and gold track suit) veering jerkily across a very narrow
bike lane directly into his path. "ON YOUR RIGHT" was the angry scream
delivered by The Adder, at point blank range.... to John Howard (out for his
morning stroll)...... who jumped back with alarming speed. "Oops", thought
The Adder momentarily forgetting that there were two more walkers yet to
pass who were probably at this moment reaching for their shooters. A quick
turn of speed delivered from the mighty pistons saw the adder escape
unscathed and free to continue his rapid journey to Bruce.

Old March 31st 06, 09:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Blackadder: The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's
own satanic herd.

--
cfsmtb

Old March 31st 06, 12:35 PM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-03-31,

What?! He had the *perfect* opportunity to rid Australia of one of its
biggest weasles[1], and he *didn't do the job*?! I am most bitterly
disappointed.

[1] I hereby tender my deepest apologies to all those weasles out
there
whom I have just offended.

BUGGER - will never get another chance like that.
The weasel was probably deep in thought as to how he can implicate
Costello in this Wheat for War fiasco.

Blackadder could have been a national hero.

(OT: heard interview on ABC QLD radio with a Royce Levi who has just
released his book " A survival Guide for Dishonest Political *******s".
Will take pride of place beside Don Watson's "Weasel Words")

Cheers
Hugh

--
HughMann