Skill levels

Old May 27th 04, 06:58 PM
jari.saari

Default Skill levels

I'm building a Finnish unicycling web site and I was translating the IUF
levels when I was facing some problems.
Even I do know the words and I THINK how to do these I'm not 100% sure
how to perform these.
Could you please explain these to me.
Thanks
Jari

-180 uni spin
-Sideways wheel walk for 10 m
-Coast for 10 m
-Side ride for 10 m

--
jari.saari
jari.saari's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6702

Old May 27th 04, 07:36 PM
U-Turn

jari.saari wrote:
*I'm building a Finnish unicycling web site and I was translating the
IUF levels when I was facing some problems.
Even I do know the words and I THINK how to do these I'm not 100% sure
how to perform these.
Could you please explain these to me.
Thanks
Jari*

*-180 uni spin *

3 revs, come to a stop, stand up, jump off the pedals, spin the uni
around 180 degrees underneath you, land on the pedals, sit down, ride
away 3 revs

*-Sideways wheel walk for 10 m *

3 revs, perform one of several maneuvers to get yourself so that your
weight is supported by your hands on the saddle and you are facing
sideways and you have each foot on the wheel but on opposite sides of
the seatpost, push the wheel with your feet so as to roll forward
(sideways to your body) 10m, perform one of several maneuvers to get
yourself back on the saddle in normal riding position, ride away 3
revs

*-Coast for 10 m *

3 revs, remove feet from pedals using one of several techniques, keep
feet off pedals as you travel forward 10 m, return feet to pedals using
one of several techniques, ride away 3 revs

*-Side ride for 10 m *

3 revs, perform one of several maneuvers to get yourself so that your
body is on one side of the unicycle and you have one foot on one pedal
only, pedal forward 10 m, perform one of several maneuvers to get your
self so that your body is back on the unicycle in normal riding
position, ride away 3 revs

Well that's a rough view of them; someone please check me for accuracy;
there are complications but not many that are worth mentioning for a
first draft.

--
U-Turn - Member of Generation XO

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

Old May 27th 04, 07:49 PM
oregonguy

Riders must get into and out of all skills: All riding skills start
with the rider riding forward, seated with both feet on the pedals
*except for side ride (level 10).* All skills end with rider riding
forward at least 3 full revolutions of the wheel, seated with both
feet on the pedals.

'IUF Skill levels' (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)
You don't have to start with the standard 3 revs on the side ride.

--
oregonguy
oregonguy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6269

Old May 27th 04, 08:08 PM
john_childs

oregonguy wrote:
*'IUF Skill levels' (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)
You don't have to start with the standard 3 revs on the side ride. *

There are some differences between the IUF and USA versions of the skill
levels. The USA version says that you have to transition into and out
of the side ride, while the IUF version says that you do not. I'm not
sure if the IUF version has been updated to make that requirement for
the side ride or not. At the time that the skill levels were made they
didn't think it was possible to transition into and out of the side
ride, but now they know better.

There is a description of the USA skill level rules he
http://tinyurl.com/252k
The skill level rules start on page 43.
And an HTML version 'here' (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/levels/)

Here's the quote from the USA version of the skill levels:
All skills (except mounts) must begin and end with the rider sitting
on the seat, feet on the pedals and riding in control for at least
three revolutions (including Level 5 hopping on wheel and Level 10
Side Ride).

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old May 27th 04, 08:26 PM
smiley-ryan

I believe for both USA and IUF you need to get in and out of all skills.
I am not sure 100%.

-Ryan

--
smiley-ryan - The World Champ!
smiley-ryan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/727

Old May 28th 04, 07:39 AM
Klaas Bil

On Thu, 27 May 2004 13:36:58 -0500, "U-Turn" wrote:

3 revs, perform one of several maneuvers to get yourself so that your

Everywhere where you wrote "one of several", I think that should read
"one or several". That is, it doesn't need to be one single manoeuvre
that gets you from normal riding position to whatever you want to do.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
be sure to remove the saddle and simply sit on the seat post. this is far more comfortable - tennisgh22 on the comfort of Savage unis

Old May 24th 05, 05:13 PM
amanda.gallacher

Matt passed his level 5

--
amanda.gallacher - skilled
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

Old May 25th 05, 01:31 AM
jsm

Congratulations! How far is he from level six?

--
jsm - Freestyler

Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

Old May 25th 05, 03:47 AM
munipsycho

jsm wrote:
*Congratulations! How far is he from level six? *

--
munipsycho - CrashTestDummies are us.

=====================
'Victory belongs now to this small tree.'
(http://munipsycho.com/stories/a_little_tree.jsp)

'The UniSkills Assessment' (http://www.munipsycho.com/uniskills_2.jsp)

I can fly too. But I can only fly down.
-Little Bear

Imagine all the people
Riding on one wheel.
J. Lennon. (paraphrased)
munipsycho's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9589

Old May 25th 05, 04:44 AM
James_Potter

munipsycho wrote:
*1 *

hahahah!! that's a goodun....

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

10 Skill Levels James_Potter Unicycling 46 July 25th 05 12:28 AM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
UUU Levels Testing Mark Wiggins Unicycling 4 January 9th 04 04:39 PM
Trials and Muni skill levels johnglazer Unicycling 8 July 11th 03 12:00 AM