Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Old April 25th 05, 10:26 PM
The Yang

I was riding in the dorm of a friend of mine while I was road trippin.
Several drunk people wanted pictures. one guy looks at me and says
"dude thats f'in awesome. I once saw a unicycle breastfeed a flamingo
back to health."

--
The Yang - Everything with practice

"Dude, I once saw a unicycle breastfeed a flamingo back to health"
-Random drunk rantings of a drunk man

The Yang's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9517

Old May 11th 05, 01:54 AM
MERCYME

I was walking across the street with my uni...
"You could get a job at McDonalds or something to be another wheel for
that bicycle!!"

--
MERCYME - Easy Rider

"Elvis Presley aint got soul, John Coltrane is rock n' roll"-Mos Def

"I don't believe in Hitler, thats what I said"- Afroman
MERCYME's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9764

Old May 11th 05, 02:55 AM
Ottawa Dave

Look a guy on a horse!
Said by woman in her back yard to friend as I rode by, seperated from
them by a hedge.

Dave

--
Ottawa Dave - coaster brakes for uncycles
Ottawa Dave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7959

Old May 11th 05, 11:06 AM
Loosemoose

I can't think of any comments I've had while out & about, apart from the
usual stuff.

The things that make me laugh are when I ride into my local skatepark,
crankgrab to rubber & drop the boxes, do all the ramps and stuff, then
notice all this time every other kid (up to about 20 of them) is stood
silently watching me. It's happened about 5 times now, and I'm
concentrating on the trials so much I don't notice .

Also a great one last week, not so much a comment but it was really
funny. Sunny day & the local park was packed. I did the usual flight of
stairs I do when I ride through on my 20, and when I reached the bottom
(its about 20 steps) a group of about 15 teenagers sat on the grass
opposite burst into spontaneous applause. Then they made me do it
again... and again...

Loose.

--
Loosemoose

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Old May 22nd 05, 03:28 PM
Nepsis

I think my favorite has to be when we were out juggling and unicycling
all together with the KU Juggling club on their campus. Had a car drive
by and shout out, "Get a girlfriend!" I need that on a t-shirt.

The other good one was whilst experimenting with MUni a month or so
ago...came upon a kid riding the other way who asked "Why are you riding
a unicycle?", apparently under the belief that they were either
unethical or unlawful on trails. I just chuckled, realizing later that I
should have asked why he was riding a bicycle.

--
Nepsis - ElCapitan
Nepsis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9943

Old May 24th 05, 04:29 AM
JustOneWheel

Happy Birthday!!
Come ride with your long lost Long Islanders some time. Let us know.

Question: Where is the other half?
Answer: Who needs two when you can ride one.

Adam

--
JustOneWheel - Every One Should Ride One

There is no better way to have Fun and Excersize. "UNICYCLE"
JustOneWheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9237

Old May 24th 05, 05:03 PM
fishnchipsx2

whilst at the skatepark the other day, i had an amusing comment from a
bmxer:

"Dude, can you do a wheelie on that?"

--
fishnchipsx2

If I were to have a spoon, I would indeed have a spoon.

Put me on your msn - fish n chips x2 [at] hot mail . com (no
spaces)
fishnchipsx2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9668

Old June 9th 05, 04:24 PM
harper

Default Quote of the day (from non-riders)

We had a herd of five out for a Coker ride. An elderly couple was
strolling (more like strutting) by on the other side of the street. The
guy, huge smile on his face shouts, "you guys should be balancing the
budget!"

--
harper - TANKED at GASWORKS

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"My world view has come crashing down like a drunk clown on a giraffe,
riding through a cactus patch..." -evil-nick on "Entry of the
Gladiators"

Old June 9th 05, 04:35 PM
U-Turn

That's a good one, Greg!

Overheard on one of my training rides:

"Dad, dad! That guy builds his own unicycles!"

--
U-Turn - As long as my feet keep movin'...

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton

Old June 9th 05, 05:41 PM
Chrashing

I was out practicing idling and a neighborhood kid walks by,

him: "You're getting better!"

me: "I need to get a lot better" (doing a shaky couple of idles)

him: "I don't think your going to get better."

I know the kid meant well, but at the time I was wondering if I would
ever get beyond idling for 1-2 swings. It bummed me out, but since then
I've improved a great deal.

---------------------------------
Then there was that little girl, as I rode past:

she: Are you in the circus?
me: Not yet.
she: Then are you going to join the circus?
me: Well, no.
she: Then why do you ride that?

I'm sure her parents put this idea in her head.

--
Chrashing - Unicycles are flying machines!

Regards,
Ken
Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501