relationship between tire and PSI

Old October 31st 18, 10:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_3_]

Default relationship between tire and PSI

What's the relationship between the quality and
wear of the tire and the PSI one can/should put
in a tube, assuming a brand new tube?

And why is it like that?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old November 1st 18, 12:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bob prohaska

Emanuel Berg wrote:
What's the relationship between the quality and
wear of the tire and the PSI one can/should put
in a tube, assuming a brand new tube?

Wear varies oppositely to pressure (higher pressure gives slower wear).
A high pressure tire flexes less, runs cooler and squirms less on the
pavement.

Not sure what you mean about quality.

hth,

bob prohaska

Old November 1st 18, 02:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

ok! if we pretend a scale where 10 is brand new tire and 1 is all stiff with visible cracks. on the tire it says max X psi. when the tire is worn down to say 5 on our scale, can it still take X psi? why/why not?
Old November 1st 18, 03:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

no I get it you can't inflate if there is a hole thru the tire!

thank you both.

I send this from the field on a smartphone with GG which is why I can't cite BTW. or maybe I just haven't figured out how.

EB