Dura Ace vs. Ultegra STI

Old July 13th 04, 06:56 PM
Churchill

Default Dura Ace vs. Ultegra STI

"Chris" wrote in message

I normally find that anyone that is happy with DA has never spent quality
time with a good Campy group. DA is not exactly junk, just hard to deal

with
when you have had *the best* are are accustomed to it and all of its
benefits.

Dura-Ace is used by Lance Armstrong...would he risk using anything but the
very best ?!

Campy makes allot of noise due to the bearings ~

Old July 13th 04, 07:17 PM
Jim Flom

"Churchill" wrote...

Dura-Ace is used by Lance Armstrong...would he risk using anything but the
very best ?!

Campy makes allot of noise due to the bearings ~

Troll.

Old July 13th 04, 07:55 PM
S o r n i

Jim Flom wrote:
"Churchill" wrote...

Dura-Ace is used by Lance Armstrong...would he risk using anything
but the very best ?!

Campy makes allot of noise due to the bearings ~

Troll.

You're giving him WAY too much credit.

Bill "allot (sic), even" S.

Old July 13th 04, 08:41 PM
HardwareLust

Churchill wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message

I normally find that anyone that is happy with DA has never spent
quality time with a good Campy group. DA is not exactly junk, just
hard to deal with when you have had *the best* are are accustomed to
it and all of its benefits.

Dura-Ace is used by Lance Armstrong...would he risk using anything
but the very best ?!

That's a ridiculous statement, and you know it. Him and the team are paid
to ride Shimano, nothing more, nothing less. Obviously, it works well
enough to win 5 TdF's (and possible 6 or 7 even), but it has nothing to do
with his personal preference. Of course, Lance and the Blue Train boys
don't use the same DA group you buy off the shelf. They get the 'special'
stuff made just for him/them.

Campy makes allot of noise due to the bearings ~

Also completely ridiculous. You've obviously never had a Campy bike (or you
had one and you were incapable of working on it yourself, so it wasn't setup
properly), or you would know this just isn't true in the least. Campy's
bearings are the best in the business.

Regards,
H.

Old July 13th 04, 08:42 PM
Bob in CT

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:41:30 GMT, HardwareLust wrote:

Churchill wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message

[...]

Yeah, try Hugi rims sometime. Talk about noise! (Although mine have been
great.)

--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply
Old July 13th 04, 09:33 PM
Jim Flom

"Bob in CT" wrote...

Yeah, try Hugi rims sometime. Talk about noise! (Although mine have been
great.)

Kill it, kill it, kill it.

Old July 14th 04, 12:31 AM
lewdvig

"HardwareLust" wrote in message
Churchill wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message

[...]

Yeah, I just sold a nice GIOS with 9spd Daytona on it. It was a stealth
bike. No noise period.

I bought a CX bike last year on a whim and it has slowly taken over position
as my main ride. It has XTR except hubs (Hugi) and shifters which are
Ultegra. It is teh off road capability I love, not the parts.

This combination is as dialed in as it will ever be (I wrenched in a shop
for two years) and it still doesn't come close to the solid crisp shifts of
the Campy stuff. The Shimano action is too light. I find it easy to
over-shift (up the cogs) and the down shifts are spongy (down).

I was hoping that a DA shifter upgrade would help.

Maybe I will get a 2005 compact Campy group instead.

Old July 14th 04, 12:32 AM
lewdvig

news

Churchill wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message

[...]

Hah! I was just thinking about how loud the S-Works/Hugi rear hub was today!
Very loud!

Seems to be well built though.

Old July 14th 04, 01:23 AM
Howard Kveck

In article ,
"S o r n i" wrote:

Jim Flom wrote:
"Churchill" wrote...

Dura-Ace is used by Lance Armstrong...would he risk using anything
but the very best ?!

Campy makes allot of noise due to the bearings ~

Troll.

You're giving him WAY too much credit.

Bill "allot (sic), even" S.

Maybe he meant "all out"...

--
tanx,
Howard

So far, so good, so what?

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Ultegra Shifter/brake TAT 57 General 3 July 9th 04 10:34 PM
Ultegra triple chainring question Harry Hellerman General 8 May 10th 04 02:49 PM
Ultegra v. Dura Ace Raoul Duke General 5 April 6th 04 05:01 AM
Ultegra cassette markings? David Kerber General 4 December 13th 03 05:44 PM
How to install shifter cable on Ultegra brake/shift lever? Kevin General 5 August 5th 03 05:37 PM