New Year's Resolution...

Old January 2nd 06, 11:58 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default New Year's Resolution...

.... To wait until 1/1/2007 to check back and see if all the nonsense has
stopped on ARBR.

Old January 3rd 06, 12:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Bullwinkle wrote:
... To wait until 1/1/2007 to check back and see if all the nonsense has
stopped on ARBR.

I am new here, but ignore thread is a very useful tool.

Ken
--
[T]he bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting
calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles

Homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

Old January 3rd 06, 04:26 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Ken M" wrote in message
Bullwinkle wrote:
... To wait until 1/1/2007 to check back and see if all the nonsense has
stopped on ARBR.

I am new here, but ignore thread is a very useful tool.

Ken
--
[T]he bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting
calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles
per gallon. ~Bill Strickland, The Quotable Cyclist

Homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

The problem with that plan Ken is it pre-supposes that there will be
something posted about recumbents.

While that is a possibility it is not likely. You would be better off seekng
another source of information on recumbents.

Jim C

Old January 3rd 06, 05:20 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Bullwinkle wrote:
... To wait until 1/1/2007 to check back and see if all the nonsense has
stopped on ARBR.

It stopped coming from Illinois Century Network (state of Illinois) Dec
29,
now Jan 2 it is coming from SBC Chicago.

Old January 3rd 06, 04:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"but ignore thread is a very useful too"

please explain how to use this facility as I am truly fed up with the
postings that are spoiling this NG

SW in the UK

Old January 3rd 06, 08:00 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Steve W wrote:
"but ignore thread is a very useful too"

please explain how to use this facility as I am truly fed up with the
postings that are spoiling this NG

SW in the UK

Well I guess it depends on if you are using a separate news service. If
you are posting / reading using google then there is no way to ignore a
thread. But if you are using a client like Forte Agent or Mozilla
Thunderbird you and choose to ignore a certain thread, and or filter
posts by subject or email address.

Ken

Old January 3rd 06, 10:38 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Ken M wrote:

Well I guess it depends on if you are using a separate news service. If
you are posting / reading using google then there is no way to ignore a
thread. But if you are using a client like Forte Agent or Mozilla
Thunderbird you and choose to ignore a certain thread, and or filter
posts by subject or email address.

Ken
--
[T]he bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting
calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles
per gallon. ~Bill Strickland, The Quotable Cyclist

Homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

You know, I'm really curious why folks can't seem to ignore "on their
own" -- you know, like when you find garbage on TV and just keep
changing the channel...or turn it off for a while and go bike-riding.

Old January 3rd 06, 10:51 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

NYC XYZ wrote:
Ken M wrote:

Well I guess it depends on if you are using a separate news service. If
you are posting / reading using google then there is no way to ignore a
thread. But if you are using a client like Forte Agent or Mozilla
Thunderbird you and choose to ignore a certain thread, and or filter
posts by subject or email address.

Ken
--
[T]he bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting
calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles
per gallon. ~Bill Strickland, The Quotable Cyclist

Homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

You know, I'm really curious why folks can't seem to ignore "on their
own" -- you know, like when you find garbage on TV and just keep
changing the channel...or turn it off for a while and go bike-riding.

I agree with you there, but with the ignore thread, they never even make
it to my hard drive. Out of sight, out of mind.

Ken

Old January 4th 06, 12:08 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Ken M" wrote in message
NYC XYZ wrote:
Ken M wrote:

Well I guess it depends on if you are using a separate news service. If
you are posting / reading using google then there is no way to ignore a
thread. But if you are using a client like Forte Agent or Mozilla
Thunderbird you and choose to ignore a certain thread, and or filter
posts by subject or email address.

You know, I'm really curious why folks can't seem to ignore "on their
own" -- you know, like when you find garbage on TV and just keep
changing the channel...or turn it off for a while and go bike-riding.

I agree with you there, but with the ignore thread, they never even make
it to my hard drive. Out of sight, out of mind.

Another consideration that comes to mind is the mental pollution it creates
if you even glance at a nasty message. Words matter and can easily create an
ambiance that will stay with you for many hours.

I have probably been put in more kill files than anyone else on this
newsgroup, but I don't mean to cause anyone any grief. I try to steer away
from too much cussing and swearing for that very reason. But this group
lately has been deluged with spam which borders on the obscene. We would all
be better off if it weren't here. Why visit a newsgroup when all you are
going to find is a lot of low life.

ARBR has fallen on hard times because of the spammers. No, I don't bother
with any of it either, but just knowing it is there ****es me off!

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old January 4th 06, 12:27 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Ken M" wrote in message

NYC XYZ wrote:

Ken M wrote:

[...]

It's not just limited to ARBR, the jerks that post that anti-highracer
blog spam cross posts his obscene / putrid trash to two other groups I
subscribe to as well, rec.bicycles.tech and rec.bicycles.misc but I very
rarely see any of it thanks to filters and ignore thread features.

Ken