Euro 26er

Old March 13th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
HistoricalGoof

Default Euro 26er

I'm feeling very anxious...I haven't been a uni rider for a year and a
half and I really want to get back into it. I want to spend under 200
euros on a 26 inch or 29 inch unicycle. I live in Prague and see that
the Unicycle.com in Germany has a 26" Qu-ax standard for around 89
euros, but it doesn't look too fantastic. Anyone or know of any other
options? I don't see any. The UK version doesn't have much else to
offer. I want to ride distances with the possibility of riding trails.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I really feel the urge to
get back onto a unicycle and get back into shape.

--
HistoricalGoof
HistoricalGoof's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9997

Old March 13th 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chris.James

how about this

http://tinyurl.com/2g2r9w

--
Chris.James

"Thats my favorite thing about unicycling, I can eat oreos while
riding!" ~Me

dforbes wrote:
Well, boys and girls, this is what separates us from the gods; Kris goes
riding and has to worry about landing on naked ladies - you and I have
to watch we don't land in dog poop.....

Chris.James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14072

Old March 14th 07, 05:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

I would suggest getting the cheap 26er and getting some better parts for
it with your leftover money, that might include shorter cranks (125's
should be no problem), a nicer seat and maybe a better or different
tire.

The other good option is the nimbus 29er but it doesn't fit in your
budget.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

Old March 14th 07, 09:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
HistoricalGoof

ntappin, I think you're right. I should just go with the 26er and
upgrade it as I did with my 24" Torker LX...by the end it was pretty
decent and there's something nice about having a uni you've more or
less customized. I'm going to find out if UDC Germany will ship it
with shorter cranks. Great...I'm excited! I can't wait to be rolling
again.

Old March 14th 07, 10:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
HistoricalGoof

Hmm...just when I think I've made a decision I go and find something
else. This looks pretty good, the Nimbus 26" MUni 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/2q6aft

Although it says they don't ship to the Czech Republic where I am! I'm
asking UDC Germany if they can get it.

Old March 14th 07, 11:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

UK have it too.

http://tinyurl.com/2u8j7m

Would be a great first muni assuming you don't want to do big drops or
jumps on it.

Joe

--
joemarshall

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44

Old March 14th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

As long as you don't do big drops the Nimbus muni is excellent. I've
had mine for more than two years with no problems at all (except a
broken KH seat base, but that's not the uni's fault). The UDC CrMo
cotterless hubs are really plenty strong enough for any riding except
big drops - I use mine a lot (usually between 40 and 100 miles a week)
on some pretty rocky trails and it's held up fine - never even had a
loose crank. I actually prefer it to a 29er for fast cross-country
riding, but perhaps I do ride rougher than average xc.

If you're going to be doing big drops (2 feet or more) or a lot of
hopping then perhaps you should look at splined hubs, but otherwise I'd
say you'll be very happy with a Nimbus 26.

Rob

--
rob.northcott

'Dartmoor Muni Weekend'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46116) - Last
weekend in May 2006
'Same again this year anyone?'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57785) It'll be
dry, I promise.

Old March 14th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
DustinSchaap

Okay, it's slightly above the budget but 'this unicycle'
(http://tinyurl.com/2bakrz) rocks. I think you said you want to ride
some road on it too, stick 90/100/114mm cranks on it, for riding XC
stick on longer 125/140/150mm cranks, it's a great unicycle, I have a
slightly upgraded version and I'm completely loving it, it's
lightweight and much better in turns than a heavy 24" or 26" unicycle.
For road you can eventually buy a big apple tire that easily fits the
KH rim.

--
DustinSchaap

FOUNDER OF EENWIEL.NL (\"HTTP://WWW.EENWIEL.NL\")

my 26er nears completion jagur Unicycling 25 August 29th 06 10:53 AM
Euro BB is a euro BB is a euro BB--or is it? [email protected] Techniques 10 July 21st 05 07:34 AM
26er to 28er--is it worth it while waiting for Coker Heaven? dogbowl Unicycling 7 May 19th 05 03:27 AM
To The Last Euro B. Lafferty Racing 4 September 22nd 04 12:56 AM
26er vs. 29er... help! daino149 Unicycling 6 January 22nd 04 05:57 PM