OT - Is Bigfoot Real or a Hoax?

Old September 29th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randy[_3_]

Default OT - Is Bigfoot Real or a Hoax?

This was pretty good clip done on our news a while back.
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/video?id=6103350

I've been remotely following this for years, because its fun and
interesting. A good point brought out from another source I read was people
don't live in the remote areas as much as they did in the old gold rush
days, and such. Today people pretty much live off roads and either in rural
areas with power, utilities and water, or in the cities, but very few live
way off the grid like they did in the old days. So there are less sightings
and stories then there were in the old days. But with population growth now
with seniors and people seeking more space in the mountains, sightings have
increased once again.
What I find interesting is the FBI print experts who examined footprints for
30 years, came out and said that Bigfoot footprint casks contain those same
fine lines as thumbprints do, and this cannot be fudged, at least they don't
think so. What's interesting to me, is the Wildlife, Fish and Game,
California department of Foresty, Sequoia park service have said that there
is a bi-ped, or some kind of primate in the area, from finding these
footprints so often, plus sightings.
Those guys know the difference between bears and apes. So we got Bigfoot
here! They say Bigfoot might be hiding in caves that go hundreds of miles
underground, and maybe that's why no remains have ever been found! China and
Russia both have these beasts in their records going back thousands of
years! Is Bigfoot real or a hoax?

Randy

Old September 29th 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Randy wrote:
Those guys know the difference between bears and apes. So we got Bigfoot
here! They say Bigfoot might be hiding in caves that go hundreds of miles
underground, and maybe that's why no remains have ever been found! China
and Russia both have these beasts in their records going back thousands of
years! Is Bigfoot real or a hoax?

Does he have an internet connection ? Does he ride a bike ?
Does he post to rbr ?

Old September 29th 08, 08:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randy[_3_]

"Donald Munro" wrote in message
om...
Randy wrote:
Those guys know the difference between bears and apes. So we got Bigfoot
here! They say Bigfoot might be hiding in caves that go hundreds of miles
underground, and maybe that's why no remains have ever been found! China
and Russia both have these beasts in their records going back thousands
of
years! Is Bigfoot real or a hoax?

Does he have an internet connection ? Does he ride a bike ?
Does he post to rbr ?

Some of those guys under the gorilla suits might, but some of those sighting
might be real I guess. It's a break from the massive onslaught of Political
threads. My guess is, there is a bigfoot, but incredibly hard to prove. I
would of thought those hi tech motion cameras strapped to trees, might of
caught something by now, like with the new critters they found in Borneo.

Old September 29th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

Randy wrote:

[...]

Don't you find it strange that out of all the large animals in the
world, only this one has never been photographed or shot by a hunter?

Not a single skeleton or carcass ever found. Yet we have thousands of
dinosaur skeletons from hundreds of millions of years ago in museums all
over the world.

As for the FBI, they obviously have no expertise in such matters.

Caves that go "hundreds of miles" underground? What geologist told you
this nonsense? No mammal would ever do that, even if there were such a
cave (where in the Pacific Northwest and northern California are their
such deep caves?)

What does Bigfoot eat? If he's a herbivore, he would be seen grazing on
plants or trees, which do not grow in caves. If he's a carnivore, what
animals does he hunt?

Also, just because he would live in a cave doesn't mean he would die
there since he has to come out to hunt, which is what animals do most of
their waking life. So why would he die only in a cave? The logic that
he would only die in a cave clearly doesn't make sense.

Finally, nobody in the park service would vouch for such nonsense
because as field scientists, they know that the phenotypes of
evolutionary biology dictate that bipedal warm-blooded animals covered
with thick fur with stereoscopic vision do not live in caves. Bats that
are blind and use sonar live in dark caves, not primates with small eyes
that see color vision. That's right up there with saying a really huge
shark lives at the top of Mt. Hood buried in the snow.

Conclusion: There is no Bigfoot. People are delusional in their belief
systems. Just like there is no God or flying saucers yet people believe
in those delusions too.

Magilla
(no relation to Bigfoot)

Old September 29th 08, 08:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

Randy wrote:

Those guys know the difference between bears and apes. So we got Bigfoot
here! They say Bigfoot might be hiding in caves that go hundreds of miles
underground, and maybe that's why no remains have ever been found! China
and Russia both have these beasts in their records going back thousands
of
years! Is Bigfoot real or a hoax?

Does he have an internet connection ? Does he ride a bike ?
Does he post to rbr ?

Some of those guys under the gorilla suits might, but some of those sighting
might be real I guess. It's a break from the massive onslaught of Political
threads. My guess is, there is a bigfoot, but incredibly hard to prove. I
would of thought those hi tech motion cameras strapped to trees, might of
caught something by now, like with the new critters they found in Borneo.

An animal the size of Bigfoot would have to spend almost all of its time
hunting outside in the forest in daylight. It would be easy to see.

There is no reason a hunter, hiker, game warden, scientist, or camper
wouldn't have seen one by now and photographed it, shot it, videotaped
it, or trapped it.

Name another non-marine animal of such size that has been alleged to
exist, but never seen by someone credible?

It's like saying there's a 500-ton elephant that lives in the Australian
outback, but we've never seen it. And that this is plausible because
there's some tiny species that lives in a jungle and weighs 16 ounces
that looks nearly identical to dozens of similar-looking species that we
just recently discovered.

Sorry, there is no Bigfoot. It's obvious that Bigfoot is an incantation
by people who have no critical thought process and just start
perpetuating myths with no forethought whatsoever to articulating
credible details that when challenged, don't even pass the laugh test.
It's right up there with believing in flying saucers and God.

Magilla
Old September 29th 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randy[_3_]

"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message

Don't you find it strange that out of all the large animals in the world,
only this one has never been photographed or shot by a hunter?

Of course it seems that way, but there is a lot of photos and videos out
there for so many years now. Lots of them have been called fake, many have
not. The main one researchers or scientists have not completely dismissed is
the Patterson film.

Not a single skeleton or carcass ever found. Yet we have thousands of
dinosaur skeletons from hundreds of millions of years ago in museums all
over the world.

They haven't been able to capture many really old skeltons like Lucie
either, but Dino they have. Not too many of those giant birds either, or a
lot of others, so the archives are incomplete, the land and the sea has not
yet given up all her secrets.

As for the FBI, they obviously have no expertise in such matters.

Caves that go "hundreds of miles" underground? What geologist told you
this nonsense? No mammal would ever do that, even if there were such a
cave (where in the Pacific Northwest and northern California are their
such deep caves?)

Undiscovered caves, but without water, light, and breathable air, not
possible. Water and air are often in underground caves, but I haven't
studied anything about light. I don't know how light could exist in
underground caves artifically, like in Journey to the Center of the Earth.

What does Bigfoot eat? If he's a herbivore, he would be seen grazing on
plants or trees, which do not grow in caves. If he's a carnivore, what
animals does he hunt?

All good questions!

Also, just because he would live in a cave doesn't mean he would die there
since he has to come out to hunt, which is what animals do most of their
waking life. So why would he die only in a cave? The logic that he would
only die in a cave clearly doesn't make sense.

Depends on intelligent and habit I guess. Where does Bigfoot go to die? Good
question! Animals often wonder off to die somewhere remotely, even
domesticated pets will wonder off to die somewhere remotely, if given half a
chance.

Finally, nobody in the park service would vouch for such nonsense because
as field scientists, they know that the phenotypes of evolutionary biology
dictate that bipedal warm-blooded animals covered with thick fur with
stereoscopic vision do not live in caves. Bats that are blind and use
sonar live in dark caves, not primates with small eyes that see color
vision. That's right up there with saying a really huge shark lives at
the top of Mt. Hood buried in the snow.

Well, I'm not hung up on the cave thing, but all these researchers and even
some scientists think we might be getter closer to closing in on a Bigfoot,
that's its just a matter of time. I want to believe at least a remote
possiblity of it, because its fun, and if one is found, its going to be
incredibly interesting to the whole world, dead or alive!

Conclusion: There is no Bigfoot. People are delusional in their belief
systems. Just like there is no God or flying saucers yet people believe
in those delusions too.

The UFO thing is considered to be more off the chart then the Bigfoot thing.
At least, an unknown primate is entertained by a few scientists. There have
been new discoveries of some fair sized critters we never even knew existed
in Borneo and such. The size of the worlds forests are so astronomically
big, at first glance it does seem possible a Bigfoot could hide in there. If
there is a Biggie foot, surely he could be an expert at hiding, and living
in the forest, and nocturnal probably. Mountains Lions are nocturnal, and
hide very well from humans. In 30 years of living the mountains, I don't
believe I have ever seen one on mountain bike rides or out in the open. I
swear one darted in front of my car once years ago, but even old timers up
here claim to have never seen one in 50 years. Yet, they are here, in good
numbers. Forestry told me they had seem some, but very rare to catch a
glimpse of one.

UFO's. That's a good one. Scientists say its possible. Its possible for
another solar system to be set up with planets with such proximity, as Earth
is to the sun, and that life could exist in other galaxies. Its an awfully
big universe? On the other hand, don't you think its unlikely that the only
life in the universe with its billions of galaxies and stars only exists on
planet earth?

The famous case of course is Roswell. If the good ole gov has those little
critters soaking in embalming fluids over at Area 51, they are not talking!
The story goes, three critters popped out of that little ship, and those
guys who came back with stories of stuff like aluminum foil that expands
back out to its normal size and shape after crumpling, and all those guys
from the military who were there and told their stories, Jesse Marcel and
others. Problem is, I need the goods, and the documents. If that stuff
exists, they need to share it with the public, and put an end to the
speculation! Area 51 supposely has a space ship too! Even if they don't have
it, none of these researchers are going to believe them, because the gov
lies and covers up stuff all the time! Bluebook and Gov documents of
Majestic 12, Roswell, etc were partially posted online quite a while back,
but much of that stuff was blotted out, hiding something. What do they have
to hide? The guy running the Black Vault has the most documents posted
online by the FOIA.

I'm not a believer or a non-believer, I just keep an open mind because its
fun sometimes and interesting like the lights in Phoenix, Holland, the
Belgium reports, Mexico, etc.

What about the Brahma concept, or the belief there is something there behind
the concept having to do with the field of time and space? Call it a
dimension or something that eclipses time and space? Brahma or the eternal
concept, that which we cannot understand or perceive. Its a concept that
goes beyond comprehension, words and thoughts, some call it the Brahma in
India, but not a religion, or a god, but a concept or existence on an
unknown dimension or plane, that is not subject to time and space, which I
can't explain, but its a eastern concept basically. Some also call it an
experience, or getting in touch with Brahman which monks do with Ohm. Things
which can only be experienced, but not explained. Simliar concepts exist in
Yoga and Zen. I am not a closed thinker, I like to listen to ideas, thoughts
and opinions on such things.

Randy

Old September 30th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randy[_3_]

"Randy" wrote in message

"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message

Conclusion: There is no Bigfoot. People are delusional in their belief
systems. Just like there is no God or flying saucers yet people believe
in those delusions too.

Oh yeah, one more thing on the UFO thing. We had one of those encounters in
A****er during the late 70's. Many people saw it, and there was a big
article in the paper about it. But what makes it interesting, is a good
friend of mine from high school rented a house only one block away, and the
sighting was interesting to me, because it happened only a block away from
my house during the day time. The kicker is, my friend was right there,
outside when it happened, and it scared the **** out of him. He is from an
air force family, so he doesn't get excited easy from seeing airplanes of
copters from the base, which Castle Air Force bas was still active at the
time I believe. What he told me was this. He saw a cigar shaped craft
hovering over the telephone lines for a while right in front of his house,
which made a humming sound, and also he noticed it attracted a great deal of
birds which followed it when it crossed the street. He got a first hand look
at this thing, and it was no plane or copter, but was very odd cigar shaped
craft that didn't seem to have any propulsion at all, but just moved slowly
with a humming sound. The neighbors across the street saw it, as did my
brothers best friend who also lives across the street from where it was.
This may be hard for you to believe, but their Mother, his sister, all of
the whole family said it landed in their back yard for a few brief moments
before it left the area very quickly. This was all documented by many
witnesses in the local paper in 1977 I believe it was.

You tell me what the hell that was? Because my friends Dad was an air force
pilot, and they said it was nothing like anything under wraps at Castle Air
Force base, and he said there is no way any known craft could move like
that.

These thing are interesting when they happen to you or close friends
firsthand.

Randy

Old September 30th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Sep 29, 12:05*pm, Donald Munro wrote:
Randy wrote:
Those guys know the difference between bears and apes. So we got Bigfoot
here! They say Bigfoot might be hiding in caves that go hundreds of miles
underground, and maybe that's why no remains have ever been found! China
and Russia both have these beasts in their records going back thousands of
years! Is Bigfoot real or a hoax?

Does he have an internet connection ? Does he ride a bike ?
Does he post to rbr ?

Donald, Big Dumb Paul.

Big Dumb Paul, Donald.
Old September 30th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

Randy wrote:

"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message

Don't you find it strange that out of all the large animals in the world,
only this one has never been photographed or shot by a hunter?

Of course it seems that way, but there is a lot of photos and videos out
there for so many years now. Lots of them have been called fake, many have
not. The main one researchers or scientists have not completely dismissed is
the Patterson film.

The Patterson film has been universally deemed a hoax. The guy who
helped pull it off was a make-up artist in Hollywood.

In looking at that film it appears to be a hoax. To wit, any creature
that wanders around in the Pacific Northwest and is that big and
distinct would easily be seen many times - no less often at least than
people see bears or wolves.

But in fact, we only have a tiny handful of sightings over 4 decades
compared to thousands for bear and wolves every month and NONE by
credible people (i.e. scientists, rangers, etc.)

Do you know how many photos and video there are of bear in the wild in
that same 40 year period? Hundreds of thousands of photos and frames of
video. Maybe millions.

Yet for a creature as large as a bear that wanders aimlessly around in
the Pacific Northwest - a place crawling with year-round avid hikers,
hunters, backpackers, skiers, and park rangers - we have nothing but a
grainy ****ing clip from 1962. That doesn't pass the laugh test.

Ever hear of something called probability statistics?

Magilla
Old September 30th 08, 04:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

Randy wrote:

"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message

Not a single skeleton or carcass ever found. Yet we have thousands of
dinosaur skeletons from hundreds of millions of years ago in museums all
over the world.

They haven't been able to capture many really old skeltons like Lucie
either, but Dino they have. Not too many of those giant birds either, or a
lot of others, so the archives are incomplete, the land and the sea has not
yet given up all her secrets.

All those examples you give are from extinct species that lived tens of
thousdands or millions of years ago. But Bigfoot, according to you, is
still alive.

Where's a Bigfoot carcass - don't these animals ever die?

Magilla

Bigfoot Classic uni division skilewis74 Unicycling 2 June 20th 07 09:33 PM
Hack or Hoax? Nobody Racing 11 November 17th 06 05:33 PM
Bigfoot Sighting & Photo Michael Dart Mountain Biking 0 August 10th 05 12:58 PM
The Rebellin Hoax B. Lafferty Racing 40 November 12th 04 03:37 PM
The Rebellin Hoax B. Lafferty Racing 0 November 11th 04 12:35 AM