Obviously not a physics major:

Old June 8th 05, 04:25 AM
Slack

Default Obviously not a physics major:

http://www3.telus.net/public/b6a6381...spitalJump.AVI

--
Slack
Old June 8th 05, 09:41 AM
spademan o---[) *

Fantastic. At which point do you think he thought 'I may have
overcooked this a little'...

Steve.

Old June 8th 05, 02:36 PM
Shaun aRe

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in message
oups.com...

Fantastic. At which point do you think he thought 'I may have
overcooked this a little'...

Heheheh, YIKES! He prolly din't realise until he landed, dumb goof LOL!

Shaun aRe

Old June 9th 05, 02:24 AM
Mark Hickey

"Shaun aRe" wrote:

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in message
roups.com...

Fantastic. At which point do you think he thought 'I may have
overcooked this a little'...

Heheheh, YIKES! He prolly din't realise until he landed, dumb goof LOL!

Am I the only one who suspects that the stunt might have been rigged
to LOOK like a total wipeout? Think about it - you NEVER see the
landing area at all, even after the (probably very bad...) landing.

Is it possible they had some sort of net/pond/pile of cardboard boxes
there?

Call me a cynic, but a video that makes it look like the guy did a 40
foot face plant can be sold for lots of money to one of the "I can do
a stupider thing than you on TV shows".

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old June 9th 05, 04:20 AM
Slack

Mark Hickey wrote:
"Shaun aRe" wrote:

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in message
groups.com...

Fantastic. At which point do you think he thought 'I may have
overcooked this a little'...

Heheheh, YIKES! He prolly din't realise until he landed, dumb goof LOL!

Am I the only one who suspects that the stunt might have been rigged
to LOOK like a total wipeout? Think about it - you NEVER see the
landing area at all, even after the (probably very bad...) landing.

Is it possible they had some sort of net/pond/pile of cardboard boxes
there?

Call me a cynic, but a video that makes it look like the guy did a 40
foot face plant can be sold for lots of money to one of the "I can do
a stupider thing than you on TV shows".

Mark Hickey

I don't know... check out the stills in the middle of this page
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...9&page=2&pp=15

--
Slack
Old June 9th 05, 02:06 PM
Mark Hickey

Slack wrote:

Mark Hickey wrote:

Am I the only one who suspects that the stunt might have been rigged
to LOOK like a total wipeout? Think about it - you NEVER see the
landing area at all, even after the (probably very bad...) landing.

Is it possible they had some sort of net/pond/pile of cardboard boxes
there?

Call me a cynic, but a video that makes it look like the guy did a 40
foot face plant can be sold for lots of money to one of the "I can do
a stupider thing than you on TV shows".

I don't know... check out the stills in the middle of this page
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...9&page=2&pp=15

Yeah, I guess he DID do something stupid on TV... ouch.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old June 10th 05, 10:48 PM
GWood

Think the "Superman" pose is deliberate, or did he have a sudden flash of
reality and think of bailing?