World's Fastest Production Bike Terrorizes

Old September 11th 05, 08:18 AM
Cycle America

Default World's Fastest Production Bike Terrorizes

To see pictures of the bike below, go to :
http://www.bikeroute.com/Recumbents/...es/000089.html

53 year old George Reynolds us blowing off the Cat 1 and 2 road bikes
again. In the Boston area on Saturday 8/24/05, he and his 190 pound
frame powered the rolling (10-12% grades), ten mile Charlie Baker Time
Trial (official
http://northeastbicycleclub.org/home...lts-08242005-c
lub-championship-2results) at an average speed of 28.34 miles an hour.
Hitting speeds well in excess of 40 mile an hour on the flats, he did
all of this on the recumbent bicycle his company, Reynolds Weld Lab,
manufactures for sale!. Called a Z-Bone, the bike features a nose cone
fairing, a tail fairing, rear suspension, a carbon fiber seat and two
700 x 28*wheelsets..

Learn more about it at: http://reynoldsweldlabs.com

--
54% of New York City households do not own cars

M A R T I N K R I E G : "Awake Again" Author
http://www.bikeroute.com/AwakeAgain
Bent Since '83, Car Free Since '89, '79 & '86 TransAms********
Coma, Paralysis, Clinical Death Survivor*
Can You Change it with Love?*
N A T I O N A L B I C Y C L E G R E E N W A Y
Old September 11th 05, 10:04 AM
Mark Leuck

I can vouch for that, I was doing 25-27mph and he passed me like I was
sitting still, it needs a nicer fairing tho

Old September 11th 05, 03:05 PM
Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic

M A R T I N K R I E G wrote:
To see pictures of the bike below, go to :
http://www.bikeroute.com/Recumbents/...es/000089.html

53 year old George Reynolds us blowing off the Cat 1 and 2 road bikes
again. In the Boston area on Saturday 8/24/05, he and his 190 pound
frame powered the rolling (10-12% grades), ten mile Charlie Baker Time
Trial (official
http://northeastbicycleclub.org/home...lts-08242005-c
lub-championship-2results) at an average speed of 28.34 miles an hour.
Hitting speeds well in excess of 40 mile an hour on the flats, he did
all of this on the recumbent bicycle his company, Reynolds Weld Lab,
manufactures for sale!. Called a Z-Bone, the bike features a nose cone
fairing, a tail fairing, rear suspension, a carbon fiber seat and two
700 x 28 wheelsets..[..]

Is the "Z-Bone" faster than the Velokraft NoCom [Fastest Stock Bike in
the Known Universe], or the similar splitter plate lowracers the best
European HPV racers are now riding? Highly doubtful. Too bad "Johnny
NoCom" is retired.
--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old September 12th 05, 12:08 AM
HHS

"Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" wrote in message
oups.com...

M A R T I N K R I E G wrote:
[...]

Martin has tendency to exaggerate a wee bit and to hype his sponsor's bikes
from time to time. I don't know if Reynolds is a sponsor or not, but Martin
has a history of what many have called spamming the newsgroup in the form of
news bulletins.

In any case Martin is making the case that the Z-Bone is the World's Fastest
Production Bike based on a 9 mile time trial put on by the Northeast Bicycle
Club and further states that Reynolds was "blowing off" Cat 1 & 2 road bike
again, and actually terrorizing them in the process.

The facts appear to be that Reynolds, in what is referred to as a fully
faired recumbent, beat the closest road bike by less than three tenths of a
second average speed. I don't think you can claim "World's Fastest
Production Bike Terrorizes" based on this one club time trial. And I doubt
the road bike rider felt either terrorized or blown off.

I don't believe Johnnie NoCom was getting paid for his boasting. Martin may
be.

Old September 12th 05, 04:28 AM
Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic

HHS wrote:

Martin has tendency to exaggerate a wee bit and to hype his sponsor's bikes
from time to time. I don't know if Reynolds is a sponsor or not, but Martin
has a history of what many have called spamming the newsgroup in the form of
news bulletins.

Martin Krieg posts used to have the benefit of putting knots in Cletus
Lee's knickers.

I don't believe Johnnie NoCom was getting paid for his boasting....

Of course not.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old September 12th 05, 11:37 PM
gotbent

Default World's Fastest Production Bike Terrorizes..even in galaxies far away

M A R T I N K R I E G wrote:
[...]

Follow the link and scroll down the thread.
http://www.bentrideronline.com/messa...ad.php?t=12258

Old September 13th 05, 01:24 AM
Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic

gotbent wrote:

Follow the link and scroll down the thread.
http://www.bentrideronline.com/messa...ad.php?t=12258

Link is dead.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old September 13th 05, 01:55 AM
Mark Leuck

gotbent wrote:

Follow the link and scroll down the thread.
http://www.bentrideronline.com/messa...ad.php?t=12258

Link is dead.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Bentrideronline at the moment is dead, at least the message board is and i
can only get part of the opening screen up

Old September 17th 05, 01:11 PM
gotbent

gotbent wrote:

Follow the link and scroll down the thread.
http://www.bentrideronline.com/messa...ad.php?t=12258

Link is dead.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Bentrideronline at the moment is dead, at least the message board is and i
can only get part of the opening screen up

BROL seems to have gotten things sorted out and is back on the air so the
posted link to the world's fasted production bent is working.

Old September 17th 05, 08:36 PM
HHS

gotbent wrote:

Follow the link and scroll down the thread.
http://www.bentrideronline.com/messa...ad.php?t=12258

Link is dead.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Bentrideronline at the moment is dead, at least the message board is and
can only get part of the opening screen up

BROL seems to have gotten things sorted out and is back on the air so the
posted link to the world's fasted production bent is working.

The thread that link goes to is about an important breakthrough in cycling
eyewear. Maybe you should sort of sum up for us whatever it is that's
being claimed for the world fastest bent.