Obligatory 2009 Mileage Thread

Old January 9th 10, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
pH

Default Obligatory 2009 Mileage Thread

Hey! Where's the "how many miles" thread for 199-19 (2009)?

Guess I'm gonna have to start it myself.

2,287 for the year

Divided between a Hybrid Mountain Bike, Old Cannondale touring bike
and including 250 miles on the--New! For 2009!--Easy Racer Tour Easy
recumbent.

Pureheart in Aptos, California
Old January 9th 10, 03:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
[email protected][_2_]

On Jan 8, 7:54*pm, pH wrote:
Hey! Where's the "how many miles" thread for 199-19 (2009)?

Guess I'm gonna have to start it myself.

2,287 for the year

Divided between a Hybrid Mountain Bike, Old Cannondale *touring bike
and including 250 miles on the--New! For 2009!--Easy Racer Tour Easy
recumbent.

Pureheart in Aptos, California

Nice miles! What made you start riding a recumbent?

Do you like it? In your opinion, how does it compare to an upright?

I hope my questions don't spark a huge debate in rec.bicyles.misc!

Regards,
Cullen
Old January 9th 10, 05:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
pH

On Jan 8, 7:04 pm, " wrote:
snip
2,287 for the year

Divided between a Hybrid Mountain Bike, Old Cannondale touring bike
and including 250 miles on the--New! For 2009!--Easy Racer Tour Easy
recumbent.

Pureheart in Aptos, California

Nice miles! What made you start riding a recumbent?

Gosh, thanks. I'm waiting for all those guys who say "Dang, I only
did 10,000 miles this year." I die with envy, but I like to see that
folks can actually do those kind of miles (Like Ron
Walenfang...haven't seen him around here lately.)

I live close enough to Watsonville to have tried an Easy Racer a few
times, way back when Gardner (rest his soul) was in Freedom.

I looked in the mirror and kept waiting and waiting...but I *still*
didn't seem to be getting younger. I just couldn't understand it.

I finally got permission from Management and took the plunge, figuring
that I could always resell it if it did not work out.

So far I find it to be quite fun and easy on the body. No pains after
25 miles when formerly hands and rear end would be getting fatigued by
then.

Anyway, just to do it before old age made it too late and an
unfulfilled "I wonder....".

So, how many miles for you? I think a 100 are as good as a thousand
as long as it's a level which pleases you. Most folks don't even
touch a bike in a typical year, I'll bet.

Pureheart

Old January 9th 10, 05:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson[_5_]

pH wrote:

... ... I'm waiting for all those guys who say "Dang, I only
did 10,000 miles this year." I die with envy, but I like to see that
folks can actually do those kind of miles (Like Ron
Walenfang...haven't seen him around here lately.)

See the thread "Ride report: my 10th New Year's day century"

Bill "my yearly miles are there, too" S.

Old January 9th 10, 05:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ralph Barone

In article
,
pH wrote:

On Jan 8, 7:04 pm, " wrote:
[...]

2500 km for me. Hope for more in 2010 if the knees don't betray me.
Old January 9th 10, 08:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
thirty-six

Default French for 'mileage'? Obligatory 2009 Mileage Thread

On 9 Jan, 05:50, Ralph Barone wrote:
In article
,

*pH wrote:
On Jan 8, 7:04 pm, " wrote:
[...]

Not mileage. What do the French as the term to describe distance
covered?
Old January 10th 10, 02:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Patrick Lamb

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 17:54:00 -0800 (PST), pH
wrote:

Hey! Where's the "how many miles" thread for 199-19 (2009)?

Guess I'm gonna have to start it myself.

2,287 for the year

Divided between a Hybrid Mountain Bike, Old Cannondale touring bike
and including 250 miles on the--New! For 2009!--Easy Racer Tour Easy
recumbent.

Set a new personal best with 8,067 miles, helped mightily by 4,000+ on
a cross-country ride (see www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/LambTransAm
for details.

After getting back to work, I waffled between "No problem" and "Can I
really make 8k this year?" New job, travel, the rainiest fall I can
remember here made it iffy, so I was quite pleased to hit the mark the
week before Christmas.

Now if it'd just get up to melting, I might start commuting again this
year...

Pat
Old January 11th 10, 03:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
recycled[_4_]

"pH" wrote in message
Hey! Where's the "how many miles" thread for 199-19 (2009)?

Guess I'm gonna have to start it myself.

2,287 for the year

Divided between a Hybrid Mountain Bike, Old Cannondale touring bike
and including 250 miles on the--New! For 2009!--Easy Racer Tour Easy
recumbent.

You make me feel like a slacker.

2071... but that's kilometers.

It does not include utility rides which might bump it up a two or three
hundred kilometers. Most on a Kona Jake, some on a Mano Mano the utes on an
elderly Cinder Cone.

Old January 11th 10, 03:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
recycled[_4_]

"recycled" wrote in message

"pH" wrote in message
Hey! Where's the "how many miles" thread for 199-19 (2009)?

Guess I'm gonna have to start it myself.

2,287 for the year

Divided between a Hybrid Mountain Bike, Old Cannondale touring bike
and including 250 miles on the--New! For 2009!--Easy Racer Tour Easy
recumbent.

You make me feel like a slacker.

2071... but that's kilometers.

I missed one: My total was 2141 km.

Old January 12th 10, 01:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Dennen

On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 17:54:00 -0800, pH scribbled:

Hey! Where's the "how many miles" thread for 199-19 (2009)?

7666 miles

but then we're all pikers compared to Tommy Godwin ...
http://www.phased.co.uk/index.php?
option=com_content&task=view&id=11&Itemid=7

--
@

Bill Dennen
Cluelessness: There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of
inquisitive idiots.
(despair.com)

--
@

Bill Dennen

Cluelessness: There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of
inquisitive idiots.
(despair.com)

What is it about the mileage? Pat[_7_] Rides 24 April 17th 08 01:04 AM
Off Bike II (the obligatory op-ed response) dewatf Australia 21 December 10th 05 11:16 AM
Mileage down again :-) Tony B UK 0 August 20th 05 04:07 PM
Obligatory Helmet Thread Steven L. Sheffield Racing 10 August 17th 05 02:06 AM
Obligatory Moab praise thread paco Unicycling 11 March 30th 04 07:48 PM