Fame at last

Old January 14th 05, 10:33 PM

Default Fame at last

Took some pics yesterday morning on Clarendon Street and started
browsing the BV site for info on who to write to etc when I found this
http://tinyurl.com/4nbu5

Second picture, the cyclist in the blue top; well that's me.

Anyway, back to writing my letter...
--
Cheers
Euan
Old January 15th 05, 01:37 AM
Bob Mc Corkle

The cars behind look like they are lining you up...

You would think it VicRoads could have put a bicycle lane through the
intersection (around about where the front wheel of the cyclist you are
passing is). Or at least made the lane a little bit wider.

Old January 15th 05, 02:13 AM
flyingdutch

Bob Mc Corkle Wrote:
The cars behind look like they are lining you up...

You would think it VicRoads could have put a bicycle lane through the
intersection (around about where the front wheel of the cyclist yo
are
passing is). Or at least made the lane a little bit wider.

i agree. but that would make sense now wouldnt it%@$!!?

BTW, why dont you use Moray St instead? that has bike lanes the entir
length in both directions, less traffic, less cardoors, less lights an
less hill

--
flyingdutch

Old January 15th 05, 05:06 AM

"flyingdutch" == flyingdutch writes:

flyingdutch BTW, why dont you use Moray St instead? that has bike
flyingdutch lanes the entire length in both directions, less
flyingdutch traffic, less cardoors, less lights and less hill!

Someone else mentioned Moray Street, I haven't checked it out yet. From
the Melways it looks like I get off from Albert Park a bit further on
than where I normally get off, but then it gets on to Kings Street which
isn't much good to me as I need to get to the World Trade Center on
Flinders Street. I guess Queensbridge looks good but it's a bit of a
long road for a short cut.

After Fridays fraught ride through Clarendon Street though I just might
have to take that route. Clarendon Street is just plain unsafe now :-(
--
Cheers
Euan
Old January 15th 05, 05:57 AM
Bob Mc Corkle

"flyingdutch":
BTW, why dont you use Moray St instead? that has bike lanes the entire
length in both directions, less traffic, less cardoors, less lights and
less hill!

Trouble I had with Moray was the roundabouts (if I'm thinking of the same
street). As you come to one, the bike lane ends and you have to push
yourself into the traffic stream. Damn cars ruin everything.

It can become a little exciting if you know a car is coming up behind and
there are cars in or near the roundabout that you may have to give way to.

I always ended up pedalling like crazy and moving into the lane early (out
of the bike lane). Not yet warmed up properly, high heart rate and struggle
the rest of the way home.

Old January 15th 05, 06:22 AM
Richard Sherratt

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 09:33:10 +1100, wrote:

Took some pics yesterday morning on Clarendon Street and started
browsing the BV site for info on who to write to etc when I found this
http://tinyurl.com/4nbu5

Second picture, the cyclist in the blue top; well that's me.

I was looking at that and thinking that I'd be really worried about
riding through that gap next to the tram track. Not that it's
particularly narrow, but getting close to tram tracks makes me
nervous.

Here's why (six months later):

http://tinyurl.com/6c4lu

--
Regards.
Richard.
Old January 15th 05, 07:00 AM
flyingdutch

Bob Mc Corkle Wrote:
Yep, Moray has (i think?) 2 roundabouts.
Still safer fatser than those intersections and dont have any re
lights
I always ended up pedalling like crazy and moving into the lane earl
(out
of the bike lane).

That's the way. Ascert your "A-thor-eye-tie!"

euan, try going down Queensbridge and then left down in front of Crown

Or if your approaching Clarendon from the beachside, you can work you
way thru to the City end of Ferrars, take the last right (about 100
from the end) then left and then about 100m there is a path/crossin
under the freeway and over the light-rail that gets you onto the pat
next to the PortMebourne-bound trail that takes you (right) alon
Normanby Rd to Clarendo

--
flyingdutch

Old January 15th 05, 01:26 PM

"flyingdutch" == flyingdutch writes:

flyingdutch euan, try going down Queensbridge and then left down in
flyingdutch front of Crown.

flyingdutch Or if your approaching Clarendon from the beachside,
flyingdutch you can work your way thru to the City end of Ferrars,
flyingdutch take the last right (about 100m from the end) then left
flyingdutch and then about 100m there is a path/crossing under the
flyingdutch freeway and over the light-rail that gets you onto the
flyingdutch path next to the PortMebourne-bound trail that takes
flyingdutch you (right) along Normanby Rd to Clarendon

Cheers, I'll try them both out.
--
Euan

My 15 minutes of fame mucRider Unicycling 0 August 10th 05 06:21 PM
My half page of fame. andrew_carter Unicycling 12 July 11th 04 06:13 PM
Fun fun fun Jon Senior UK 140 May 4th 04 05:14 PM
Fame & fortune, or a newspaper article, at least. TonyMelton Unicycling 12 December 4th 03 01:35 AM
fame ubersquish Unicycling 2 September 13th 03 10:30 PM