Lake Tahoe and Utah trail questions

Old May 29th 08, 01:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Duncan

Default Lake Tahoe and Utah trail questions

Hello again,
Thanks for the replies to my previous post about trails between San Fran and
Vegas. My trip is evolving a bit and it looks like I might going via Lake
Tahoe / Downieville. I've spent a couple of hours googling and checking out
the links but still didn't find any 'stand out' areas to concentrate on.
Any recomendations in either area for good technical XC riding? It seemed
most info related to skiing or more family bike trail riding. The parks
look interesting as does the rim trail. I could have up to a week in the
area.

The second question involves Utah. I'll be doing a week or so
canyoning/hiking through Zion National park and then hooking up with SRAM
guys over for interbike for some rides with locals around Gooseberry Mesa.
After that though the plans get hazy, I'm keen to head up to Moab but my
friend is more keen to concentrate on Bryce and surrounds. She says there
are trails as good as Moab in Bryce but I enjoyed Moab so much for the one
day I was there last time I'm keen to go again. So Bryce vs Moab? I'm keen
to try a bit of both but we may not have time.
Cheers,
Duncan.

Old May 31st 08, 01:38 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD[_3_]

On May 29, 5:19 am, "Duncan" wrote:
[...]

You might get a better answer on the spokejunkies West Trailhead
forum.

JD

TR - Lake Tahoe Area troutboy Mountain Biking 9 September 8th 07 11:33 PM
Lake Tahoe mike Rides 8 July 1st 05 04:58 AM
lake tahoe in winter? joemarshall Unicycling 16 August 19th 04 11:40 PM
lake tahoe in winter? joemarshall Unicycling 0 August 19th 04 08:13 PM
Riding at Lake Tahoe Mark D. Gregory Recumbent Biking 4 June 17th 04 01:37 AM