Signs of progress

Old November 12th 12, 01:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Signs of progress

On Saturday, July 28, 2012 10:08:16 PM UTC-7, Dan O wrote:

When I say, "car culture", I'm talking about the sense that cars are
essential, and the entirety of our surface transportation
infrastructure (save for train tracks) are *for* cars (and obviously
they are!... Damn it!... well, but maybe [just *maybe*] not so much
anymore and going forward in Portland, Eugene, Corvallis... )

Culture Schmulture - let 'em have it. (Have you read my prolific
comments on BTA blog site? I'm surprised they still let me post.)

I am definitely inclined to avoid traffic - even where it exists and I
inevitably have to deal with it, I make myself scarce... separate.

The most progressive societies in the world are in Europe, but there
are elements in the US ahead of even them; just elements, though - and
they're marginalized and eschewed when not outrightly disdained by the
mainstream glorious violent conquest (god and football / support our
troops / 12 guns a minute sold legally / a Hummer in every driveway /
etc.) culture.

Dan, if you think that Europe is so advanced why don't you move over there and get a direct view of it instead of reading BS about it?

A husband and wife, both "highly paid" engineers in Sweden can maybe afford a THREE ROOM CONDO. Most people including families have a single room condo.

I'm sure that you'd like that since your medical care is almost free.

Here you have interactions with cars. Plenty of people I ride with hate that. But it doesn't bother me hardly at all. Why? Because you have roughly the same problems with another car. So you just be careful and polite and almost all the other motorists do as well. Though I admit there are days when I'm cussing out drivers myself.

Signs of progress GDS General 0 October 6th 12 03:07 PM
Signs of progress Dan O Techniques 39 August 20th 12 03:44 PM
Signs of progress Tom $herman (-_-) General 3 August 19th 12 07:26 PM
I will treat red lights and stop signs like yield signs Willy West Social Issues 8 August 12th 04 05:06 PM
no uni signs einrad_traum Unicycling 6 July 8th 04 05:19 AM