What ski areas have accepted unicycling?

Old November 6th 05, 09:32 PM
danger_uni

Default What ski areas have accepted unicycling?

Hey,

Mt Washington Ski Resort on Vancouver Island, BC, is working out their
policy on unicycles for next summer. I'd like to provide them with a
list of other ski areas that allow unicycles.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Kris Holm

--
danger_uni
danger_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/21

Old November 6th 05, 09:47 PM
Catboy

I know that Northstar at Tahoe allows Unicyclists to ride. In fact,
CMW's and a few smaller meets have been held there.

--
Catboy

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)
Gallery Updated: 10/17/05

*'UPD T-Shirts ON SALE NOW!!! (Click Me)'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43900)*

Old November 6th 05, 10:11 PM
Gilby

A group of us from MN have been going up to 'Lutsen Ski Resort'
(http://www.lutsen.com/) once a year for 4 years now. Never a problem
with them allowing us to ride there.

--
Gilby
Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

Old November 6th 05, 10:13 PM
ntappin

camp fortune around ottawa allows unicyclists

--
ntappin

Old November 6th 05, 10:16 PM
Brian O.

'Gunstock' (http://www.gunstock.com) in Gilford, NH allows unicyclists
but you have to hike the trails just as the bikers do. I doubt they
allow them on the slopes once the snow comes though.

--
Brian O.

Old November 6th 05, 11:30 PM
Jim_Rob

Copper Mountain. CO, Telluride, CO, Big Sky MT., Beaver Creek, CO.,
Breckenridge, CO. have all allowed unicyclists. Winter Park let us ride
down but not use the lift.

--
Jim_Rob

TTFN- JR

Things I learned from Unicycling;

#3 No matter how new and fancy your unicycle is, _you_ still have to
ride it.
Jim_Rob's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3824

Old November 7th 05, 12:02 AM
uniMcPeat

Attitash New Hampshire. They let you ride the lift up.

--
uniMcPeat
uniMcPeat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10313

Old November 7th 05, 12:17 AM
DK

I have ridden at Snowshoe Mountain, WV and Wintergreen, VA without any
problems.

--
DK

can you see the flag rising up beyond the smoke
of dying authors burning books there was a problem with what they
wrote
the flag is hard to read because all flags start to look the same
when covered with the blood of the faithless and insane
DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054

Old November 7th 05, 12:33 AM
johnfoss

The Summit at Snoqualmie was the site of national MUni championships in
1999 and the world championships in 2002. Not sure the exact name of
the resort.

Lasst year the whole crew from NAUCC rode down Snowbird in Utah. I
think that was their first-ever time having unicycles on their trails.
My pictures of that start he
http://unicycling.smugmug.com/gallery/214466/8/8838023

As for Northstar, yes they hosted us for three MUni Weekends ('97,
'2000 and 2004) where they knew we were coming, and even helped out
with organizational stuff, discounts and hospitality. They like us.
Have your mountain reference my web site for further info, or contact
Northstar directly.
http://www.unicycling.com/muni/muni97/satam.htm (just photos)
http://www.unicycling.com/muni/muni2000/index.htm
http://www.unicycling.com/muni/2004/index.htm

--
johnfoss

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old November 7th 05, 12:42 AM
tomblackwood

johnfoss wrote:
The Summit at Snoqualmie was the site of national MUni championships in
1999 and the world championships in 2002. Not sure the exact name of
the resort.

I think that is the exact name, although The Summit no longer allows
riding, or at least no longer has lift-serviced riding. But that's not
limited to unicycles...they discontinued it for mountain bikes also.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...

Boston Unicycling zia Unicycling 3 July 25th 12 08:08 PM
The paradox at the heart of unicycling. Mikefule Unicycling 46 August 12th 05 07:25 PM
Slackrope unicycling... andrew_carter Unicycling 13 July 20th 05 06:32 AM
Unicycling Website UniFanatic03 Unicycling 2 June 20th 05 09:27 AM
Unicycling and Applied Directon of Energy a.k.a the Efficiency Thread Loosemoose Unicycling 5 June 8th 05 06:22 PM