Funding sources?

Old March 12th 05, 09:17 AM
John Hearns

Default Funding sources?

Does anyone have good pointers to funding sources, eg, grants,
for cycling projects?

Also if anyone has pictures of good bike lockers, specifically
the cages at Barnes Wetlands Centre or similar please could I have
a pointer to a URL?

The project is to build a secure bike shed for a local primary school.
Old March 12th 05, 10:28 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 08:17:19 +0000, John Hearns
wrote in message :

Does anyone have good pointers to funding sources, eg, grants,
for cycling projects?
The project is to build a secure bike shed for a local primary school.

There is a fund for sustainable transport projects in schools, I think
it's called TravelWise. Your local education office should be able to
give you details of how to apply.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old March 12th 05, 11:22 AM
Colin McKenzie

John Hearns wrote:

Does anyone have good pointers to funding sources, eg, grants,
for cycling projects?

Also if anyone has pictures of good bike lockers, specifically
the cages at Barnes Wetlands Centre or similar please could I have
a pointer to a URL?

The project is to build a secure bike shed for a local primary school.

Are you in London? There may be TfL funding if so.

All schools are encouraged to produce green travel plans. When they
do, they get £5000 of funding for travel improvements. That would buy
a small secure bike shed - or lots of Sheffield stands. Your local
council should know about this.

The bikeaway locker is good but stores the bike upright - hard for
children with heavy suspended bikes. Bykebin is a plastic box. But for
primary school a lockable compound should be secure enough and much
easier to administer than separate lockers.

Colin McKenzie

Favorite Europe Vintage Sources ? Donald Gillies Techniques 9 August 24th 04 06:44 PM
Route map Funding burt UK 14 July 19th 04 10:44 PM
Bike facility funding, was: Cincy - $350M to fix I-75 The Danimal Social Issues 11 December 27th 03 02:55 PM
BHIT funding Richard Burton UK 58 November 22nd 03 12:20 AM
Lance Armstrong's mother promotes federal funding of bike/ped accommodations Brent Hugh General 5 September 4th 03 05:37 PM