The NEW ride is GREAT

Old October 26th 11, 04:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Opus[_2_]

Default The NEW ride is GREAT

On Oct 23, 6:50*pm, Harry Brogan
wrote:
I have been riding "THE BEAST" for a while now and it just seems to
get better and better each day!!!!!

Thanks for the many suggestions and I have put some into use already.

Here are a few photos...and, as always, I am open for suggestions and
comments!!!!! * THANKS!!!!!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...0BEAST/DSC_007...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...0BEAST/DSC_003...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...0BEAST/DSC_016...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...0BEAST/DSC_017...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...0BEAST/DSC_019...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...0BEAST/DSC_021...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...0BEAST/DSC_021...

I saw where your bike was featured in BikeHacker for your lighting
kit, good show!
Old October 27th 11, 11:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Harry Brogan[_7_]

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 07:37:50 -0700 (PDT), cicero venatio
wrote:

I have been riding "THE BEAST" for a while now and it just seems to
get better and better each day!!!!!

-----------
Utility bikes seem to be the latest rage.

I think that Utility bikes have been around for a long time. Some of
the manufacturers out there are just now jumping on the bandwagon.

I have been using a bike as my main mode of transportation for a while
now. So, in effect, that makes it a "utility" bike as I carry my day
to day items on board. Meaning, shopping, errands, all of the good
stuff.

But having a bike that actually BUILT from the factory for that
purpose sure save me from having to figure out how to add the many
items I would need for hauling as it's already there.
Old October 27th 11, 01:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Harry Brogan" wrote in message
[...]
I think that Utility bikes have been around for a long time. Some of
the manufacturers out there are just now jumping on the bandwagon.

I have been using a bike as my main mode of transportation for a while
now. So, in effect, that makes it a "utility" bike as I carry my day
to day items on board. Meaning, shopping, errands, all of the good
stuff.

But having a bike that actually BUILT from the factory for that
purpose sure save me from having to figure out how to add the many
items I would need for hauling as it's already there.

Your utility bike was very expensive, but if you use it enough it will end
up paying for itself.

If your chore runs are short a three speed utility trike works quite well
and is not nearly so expensive. The big basket between the rear wheels can
can carry a tremendous load. However, a utility trike is no fun to ride for
anything other than short distances.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old October 28th 11, 12:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Harry Brogan" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 07:31:23 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

[...]
Your utility bike was very expensive, but if you use it enough it will end
up paying for itself.

If your chore runs are short a three speed utility trike works quite well
and is not nearly so expensive. The big basket between the rear wheels can
can carry a tremendous load. However, a utility trike is no fun to ride
for
anything other than short distances.

Ed, you have known me for a long time now. I have been through quite
a few bikes. But, I must say, that this is the SUV of the cycling
world. I am using it even more than the recumbent trike that I had.

It is quite unusual for anyone to return to an upright after having ridden
recumbents. My utility trike is an upright, not a recumbent, and that is why
I don't care to ride it for other than short distances.

I commute almost daily with it and grocery stores are no longer a
problem. My stops at Lowes or Home Depot are not limited as to what I
can carry like it used to be.

I doubt that you can carry anything like what I can carry on my upright
utility trike. I can carry so many groceries that I can just barely lift the
container that I have in the rear basket.

I have been quite happy with this one. It's a great ride as well!!!!!

Have you given up on recumbents then?

I get a new recumbent every 3 years or so. That can also get to be
expensive, but I look at it as an investment in my health. Every recumbent
handles and rides differently, but I never met a recumbent I didn't like.

By the way, where are you resident now. Back in Nebraska?

Old October 29th 11, 01:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

GOOD GRIEF WITH THE LIGHTING URA GONNA GET RUN OVER AS A ROAD SIGN !

what's the stopping and turning circle loaded compared to the last
road bike ?

Old October 29th 11, 01:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"kolldata" wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS, NOR DOES HE EVEN POST ANY OF THE MESSAGE TO
WHICH HE IS RESPONDING. WHAT AN IDIOT!

GOOD GRIEF WITH THE LIGHTING URA GONNA GET RUN OVER AS A ROAD SIGN !

what's the stopping and turning circle loaded compared to the last
road bike ?

Why the hell don't you include the pertinent part of the post to which you
are responding. Did anyone ever tell you that you are a jerk? Well, I am
telling you now!

Old October 29th 11, 10:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Harry Brogan[_7_]

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 06:41:38 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"Harry Brogan" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 07:31:23 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

[...]
[...]

Unfortunately, I cannot afford, nor do I currently have the room, for
more than one bike at a time. NUTZ....but that's the breaks I
guess!!!!!

I am still living in Virginia and don't have ANY plans on returning to
Nebraska anytime soon. This is due to any number of factors Ed. Most
importantly, I am still battling with my former employer for a
settlement over an accident I had back in 2009. We are hoping for a
settlement soon as they are FINALLY talking about it. Most insurance
companies don't like to have my sort of case on the books for this
long. But this company has decided to be complete assholes about
everything.
Old October 29th 11, 12:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Harry Brogan" wrote in message
[...]
I am still living in Virginia and don't have ANY plans on returning to
Nebraska anytime soon. This is due to any number of factors Ed. Most
importantly, I am still battling with my former employer for a
settlement over an accident I had back in 2009. We are hoping for a
settlement soon as they are FINALLY talking about it. Most insurance
companies don't like to have my sort of case on the books for this
long. But this company has decided to be complete assholes about
everything.

All insurance companies are crooks. I do not carry any insurance any more,
having been screwed several times in the past. You almost always have to see
a lawyer and threaten to sue before insurance companies pay up. **** 'em!

Old October 30th 11, 01:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Harry Brogan[_7_]

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 06:54:57 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"Harry Brogan" wrote in message
.. .
[...]
I am still living in Virginia and don't have ANY plans on returning to
Nebraska anytime soon. This is due to any number of factors Ed. Most
importantly, I am still battling with my former employer for a
settlement over an accident I had back in 2009. We are hoping for a
settlement soon as they are FINALLY talking about it. Most insurance
companies don't like to have my sort of case on the books for this
long. But this company has decided to be complete assholes about
everything.

All insurance companies are crooks. I do not carry any insurance any more,
having been screwed several times in the past. You almost always have to see
a lawyer and threaten to sue before insurance companies pay up. **** 'em!

This was a work related injury and I am STILL battling with them after
two and a half years. And, yes, you are correct. They are ALL crooks
and out to screw you. But I have managed to beat their asses at each
and every turn!!!!!

They got themselves too used to dealing with "throw away" employees.
The ones that don't give a **** and just go on about their merry way.
Then they ran into me. I'll take a beatdown if I deserve it. But
when THIS company decided to try and screw me for no reason I decided
it was time for them to learn a bit of a lesson.

So far I figure I have cost them about a half million in court, doctor
and other misc. fees........and it's not over yet......
Old October 30th 11, 02:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

wrote:

[...]

you smashed a knee ?

Great ride Paul - xxx[_2_] UK 3 May 25th 11 11:30 AM
O.T. A great ride! John Rides 0 July 18th 05 02:37 PM
Chilly Hilly - Great ride and great weather cheg General 5 March 1st 04 07:02 PM