Blackburn Bike Stuff Now at Walmart

Old May 23rd 21, 03:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Blackburn Bike Stuff Now at Walmart

Not sure how Jim Blackburn would feel about this, but the current owner
of Blackburn is now selling their products at Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&facet=pickup_and_delivery%3AFREE+Pickup+ Today&query=blackburn+bike

Not really much of a deal but you can get the stuff right away. The
Walmart closest to me has all the bicycle accessories locked up in glass
cases. Better to go to an LBS, but Walmart is often open when the LBS is
closed.
Old May 23rd 21, 09:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 23 May 2021 07:59:10 -0700, sms
wrote:

Not sure how Jim Blackburn would feel about this, but the current owner
of Blackburn is now selling their products at Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&facet=pickup_and_delivery%3AFREE+Pickup+ Today&query=blackburn+bike

I get a "forbidden" error from that URL, probably because I didn't
login. Try this instead:
https://www.walmart.com/search/?page=1&query=blackburn+bike&sort=price_high

Not really much of a deal but you can get the stuff right away. The
Walmart closest to me has all the bicycle accessories locked up in glass
cases. Better to go to an LBS, but Walmart is often open when the LBS is
closed.

Vista Outdoor (VSTO) bought Blackburn and other names in 2016.
https://vistaoutdoor.com/2016/02/vista-outdoor-agrees-to-acquire-bell-giro-c-preme-and-blackburn-brands-from-brg-sports-inc/
Vista Outdoor is a rather large conglomeration of brands:
https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/
Sales were sliding downward, mostly in their shooting sports product
sector, until the pandemic and Washington attempted coup inspired an
increase in ammunition sales. See 5 yr stock and annual performance
graphs at:
https://www.google.com/finance/quote/VSTO:NYSE?window=5Y
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/VSTO/chart?p=VSTO

Full disclosu The Vista Outdoor "outdoor products - action sports"
division offices for Blackburn, Bell, and Giro are local to me, based
in Scotts Valley, CA.

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
Old May 24th 21, 05:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

wrote:

Not sure how Jim Blackburn would feel about this, but the current owner
of Blackburn is now selling their products at Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&facet=pickup_and_delivery%3AFREE+Pickup+ Today&query=blackburn+bike

I get a "forbidden" error from that URL, probably because I didn't
login. Try this instead:
https://www.walmart.com/search/?page=1&query=blackburn+bike&sort=price_high

Your's gives "forbidden." I think that you can't do links like this.

1. Go to https://walmart.com
2. Search for "Blackburn"
3. Tick the circle "Free pick up today" to show what's actually sold by
Walmart and not by some other vendor on Walmart.com

While I'm not a big fan of Walmart, when you need something simple that
is bike related, and all the LBSs are closed, Walmart is open 7am to
11pm. I like REI for the same reason, longer hours.

I never understood stores that kept bankers hours, when most people are
at work and can't shop. One very good shop near me has the hours of M-F
11am-6pm, Sat: 10am-5pm, closed Sunday. Well Saturday I want to be out
riding, not shopping. This store is also not accepting any new repairs
until August, and is recommending VeloFix mobile repair.

I hope that the boom for LBSes lasts. I know that one store near me is
hiring retirees to do simpler repairs to augment their regular service
staff. One guy I know that is doing this was let go at the beginning of
the pandemic when the shop thought that the pandemic would result in a
lot less business. Then they called him in a panic asking him to come
back. A friend of mine is starting a local mobile repair service for his
immediate area using a bike trailer instead of a costly van. He has all
the tools and he has sources for wholesale parts and accessories.
Old May 25th 21, 07:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 10:59:15 a.m. UTC-4, sms wrote:
Not sure how Jim Blackburn would feel about this, but the current owner
of Blackburn is now selling their products at Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&facet=pickup_and_delivery%3AFREE+Pickup+ Today&query=blackburn+bike

Not really much of a deal but you can get the stuff right away. The
Walmart closest to me has all the bicycle accessories locked up in glass
cases. Better to go to an LBS, but Walmart is often open when the LBS is
closed.

I really like the Blackburn Low-Rider front rack from the 1980s and wish they were still available. I'd like to get a couple of them.

Our Wal-Marts are only allowed to sell groceries at the present time because of the quasi-lockdown we're currently in.

Cheers