Night riding

Old May 22nd 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Night riding

im just wondering how many people out there enjoy riding in the dark. I
like riding my 29er when it is dark out, there arent a lot of people
and its just nice out. Does anybody else do this?

--
The Bruiser

lvl 3 unicyclist, move out the way haha
Muni
MUni
ni
The Bruiser's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11352

Old May 22nd 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Night MUni is *awesome*, you just need a 10w or 15w light for your
helmet.

"Night Rider" makes a great setup.

Adam

--
JustOneWheel

There is no better way to have Fun and Exercise. "UNICYCLE"
Every one should have "FUN ON ONE"
JustOneWheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9237

Old May 22nd 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I do a lot of my riding during the night, cause during the day im with
my girlfriend or it is too hot, so I wait till sunset (around 8pm) to
go ride, then its just getting dark, and isnt hot, perfect riding
weather, then once it gets dark it just makes everything fun, specailly
on some of my trial lines.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave
me alone about it!~*~

'*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

Old May 22nd 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

wow night MUni and night trials that sounds pretty cool. I would
imagine Muni would become even more difficult, at least where i MUni
cause it is really rocky. i cant hop with the headlamp i have cause it
moves when i hop. I just stick to road cruising.

Old May 22nd 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Trials becomes a lot harder, specially where i ride at, there's no
lights form houses, or street lights or cars at all, so when im gaping
sets or riding from one skinny jumping to another, you can really see
where your landing all that well, its awesome.

Old May 22nd 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

haha that is pretty sweet

Old May 22nd 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

The Bruiser wrote:
im just wondering how many people out there enjoy riding in the dark. I
like riding my 29er when it is dark out, there arent a lot of people
and its just nice out. Does anybody else do this?

As an older person (51 years older than you, so help me) I do like an
occasional street light. However it's great fun if you like your own
company and are not just there to show off.
The town streets are pretty clear of pedestrians and traffic so you are
free to do as you please. I recommend it, and particulary for anyone
lacking the initial confidence to "go public".

--
tedward
tedward's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12206

Old May 22nd 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

well i do use a head lamp. I wouldnt trust cars to see me without any
light source. My favorite ride was at night and it was snowing and
there was like 1 1/2 inches of snow on the street, it was great.

Old May 22nd 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Riding with the bare minimum of light is quite a spiritual experience.

It's a while since I've had the time, weather and energy to do it, but
I used to ride with a small LED head torch to see with, a Mini Maglite
as a back up, and simple LEDs on the uni to be seen with. You have to
ride a bit more slowly, read the shadows well, adn rely on the feedback
from the pedals and seat. It makes you a better rider, and you get to
see owls and stuff.

--
Mikefule

Is it the gods who put this ardour into our minds, or does every man's
irresistible desire become his god?
(Virgil)

Old November 3rd 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomkarches

I don't ride enough in the dark to justify a $130 light. Anything out
there that works well, is helmet mountable, and costs less than $50?

If not, I may build one myself with parts from here :

http://www.luxeonstar.com/

Here is a nice homebuilt one :

http://www.littlefishbicycles.com/bikelight/

Since I already have battery packs I can use, I can probably get the
parts for $30 or so.

--Tom

--
tomkarches