Son of Death ride cancelled ? Postponed ?

Old August 22nd 06, 12:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Callistus Valerius

Default Son of Death ride cancelled ? Postponed ?

Because they double their registrations, the park service wouldn't issue a
park permit for the event. It didn't have time to make an environmental
study, on what effect that many cyclists would have on the park. These mass
rides must end, it's destroying the environment
http://www.sonofdeathride.com/index2.html

Old August 22nd 06, 12:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Callistus Valerius wrote:

These mass rides must end, it's destroying the environment

Don't tell me you're working on creating wildlife habitat that is
off-limits to humans.

Old August 22nd 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:32:27 +0200, Donald Munro
wrote:

Callistus Valerius wrote:

These mass rides must end, it's destroying the environment

Don't tell me you're working on creating wildlife habitat that is
off-limits to humans.

Think of the poor endangered snakes. Someone saw one once, somewhere, with a
tire track over it.

Ron

Old August 22nd 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Callistus Valerius wrote:
Because they double their registrations, the park service wouldn't issue a
park permit for the event. It didn't have time to make an environmental
study, on what effect that many cyclists would have on the park. These mass
rides must end, it's destroying the environment
http://www.sonofdeathride.com/index2.html

Environmental impact study:

- More people to potentially urinate on the side of the road. Compell
organizers to order more porta potties (2x the number of last year)

- More trash thrown onto side of road. Compell organizers to remove all
trash. Double trash removal efforts.

- Forbid cyclists from using endangered spotted owls as chain cleaners.

Impact study complete.

Old August 22nd 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

photoshoppper wrote:
- More people to potentially urinate on the side of the road. Compell
organizers to order more porta potties (2x the number of last year)

Whats wrong with a bit of urine anyway ? Don't bears and stuff pee ?
Admittedly this doesn't apply to LiveDrunk(tm) members whose urine would
constitute a grave environmental risk.
Old August 22nd 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Connelly

Donald Munro wrote:
photoshoppper wrote:
- More people to potentially urinate on the side of the road. Compell
organizers to order more porta potties (2x the number of last year)

Whats wrong with a bit of urine anyway ? Don't bears and stuff pee ?
Admittedly this doesn't apply to LiveDrunk(tm) members whose urine would
constitute a grave environmental risk.

Oh, no! I just rode this route, east to west (not out-and-back),
during a ride from Bishop to Kernville 3 weeks ago, and I urinated
on the side of the road in the park.

I feel terrible.....

Dan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djconne...7594229829050/

Old August 23rd 06, 10:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message , Dan
Connelly ') wrote:

Donald Munro wrote:
photoshoppper wrote:
- More people to potentially urinate on the side of the road.
Compell organizers to order more porta potties (2x the number of last
year)

Whats wrong with a bit of urine anyway ? Don't bears and stuff pee ?
Admittedly this doesn't apply to LiveDrunk(tm) members whose urine
would constitute a grave environmental risk.

Oh, no! I just rode this route, east to west (not out-and-back),
during a ride from Bishop to Kernville 3 weeks ago, and I urinated
on the side of the road in the park.

If it's any comfort to you, my digital camera also has a fault which
causes a fuzzy grey area in the centre of shots. It annoys the hell out
of me, to the extent that I'm going to scrap the camera.... but other
people just don't see it. It's in the pic on this page:

http://www.stewartry-wheelers.org/wh...rticle_91.html

do you see it?

I wouldn't have noticed the flaw on your pictures if you hadn't pointed
it out. Glorious scenery, great pictures. Thanks.

;; If you're doing this for fun, do what seems fun. If you're
;; doing it for money, stop now.
;; Rainer Deyke
Old August 23rd 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steven L. Sheffield

On 08/23/2006 03:02 AM, in article
, "Simon Brooke"
wrote:

If it's any comfort to you, my digital camera also has a fault which
causes a fuzzy grey area in the centre of shots. It annoys the hell out
of me, to the extent that I'm going to scrap the camera.... but other
people just don't see it. It's in the pic on this page:

http://www.stewartry-wheelers.org/wh...rticle_91.html

do you see it?

That picture has been res'ed down so far and has so many pixellated
artifacts all around, it's hard to tell ...

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Old August 23rd 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Simon wrote:
If it's any comfort to you, my digital camera also has a fault which
causes a fuzzy grey area in the centre of shots. It annoys the hell out
of me, to the extent that I'm going to scrap the camera.... but other
people just don't see it. It's in the pic on this page:

http://www.stewartry-wheelers.org/wh...rticle_91.html

do you see it?

Nope. Is it shadow-shaped or boy-shaped?

Try cleaning your lens a few times. I had a soft focus Vaseline zone on
mine, but now it's all better.

HTH

--Karen D.