What do you think---iPod speakers for the bike

Old September 13th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Gooserider

Default What do you think---iPod speakers for the bike

http://www.active-tunes.com/

I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker system and
bike mount for iPod.

Old September 13th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Kristian M Zoerhoff

In article , Gooserider@mouse-
potato.com says...
http://www.active-tunes.com/

I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker system and
bike mount for iPod.

Can't be any worse than a car stereo. I would just strap my portable
speakers/iPod into the webbing on my trunk bag, but if you just gots to have
tunes....

--

__o Kristian Zoerhoff
_'\(,_
Old September 13th 06, 11:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Earl Bollinger

"Kristian M Zoerhoff" wrote in message
.net...
In article ,
Gooserider@mouse-
potato.com says...
http://www.active-tunes.com/

I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker system
and
bike mount for iPod.

Can't be any worse than a car stereo. I would just strap my portable
speakers/iPod into the webbing on my trunk bag, but if you just gots to
have
tunes....

--

__o Kristian Zoerhoff
_'\(,_
(_)/ (_)

The question I have is where or what do you do with the IPOD or MP3 player
or whatever.
They just have a earphone plug on the unit so the player has to be mounted
or affixed to the bike somewhere else.

Old September 13th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

Gooserider wrote:
:: http://www.active-tunes.com/
::
:: I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker
:: system and bike mount for iPod.

I like to hang my speakers in my ears.....

Old September 13th 06, 08:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Chris Z The Wheelman

Old school. I MacGyvered something like that way back in the eighty's
Now I just tuck a pair of small amplified walkman speakers into the side
pouches of my handlebar bag.

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My web Site:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

To E-mail me:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

Old September 13th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Artoi

In article ,
"Roger Zoul" wrote:

Gooserider wrote:
:: http://www.active-tunes.com/
::
:: I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker
:: system and bike mount for iPod.

I like to hang my speakers in my ears.....

Looks like Apple's new iPod shuffle could come in very handy for this
purpose.
Old September 14th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Werehatrack

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 01:45:19 GMT, "Gooserider"
wrote:

http://www.active-tunes.com/

I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker system and
bike mount for iPod.

Two reactions:

I'm really going to risk a $300 iPod on a crappy plastic mount like
that? NFW!

If they're loud enough to be heard over street noise, they're louder
than I want to hear as I ride past. Just what we need; the boom-box
wars moving to bikes.

There's enough noise in the world now. Don't make more.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old September 14th 06, 06:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

Artoi wrote:
:: In article ,
:: "Roger Zoul" wrote:
::
::: Gooserider wrote:
::::: http://www.active-tunes.com/
:::::
::::: I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker
::::: system and bike mount for iPod.
:::
::: I like to hang my speakers in my ears.....
::
:: Looks like Apple's new iPod shuffle could come in very handy for this
:: purpose.

Yeah, that tiny thing is just dandy!