Bent xmas

Old January 2nd 07, 08:59 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Buck

Default Bent xmas

Ok, who got a new bent for xmas and which did you get?
--

Buck

I would rather be out on my Catrike

http://www.catrike.co.uk
Old January 3rd 07, 01:59 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Ben Goren

Buck wrote:

Ok, who got a new bent for xmas and which did you get?

Well, it was late November, not xmas, and she's used, not new
-- but I just got home from work commuting on a Haluzak
Leprechaun. My first 'bent -- and a whole helluva lot of
fun. Makes me wonder why /anybody/ would ever get on a wedgie in
the first place.

I'm slowly tweaking and tuning her. I had the LBS replace all the
cables a couple weeks ago -- what a difference! Yesterday, I did a
pretty thorough cleaning, went through lots of Simple Green. No
more grunge on the freewheel! But the wheel bearings don't feel
good. I think they might just be over-tightened...I'll find out
soon....

Oh -- and the wheels need a little bit of truing. I was able to
get away with reversing the brake pads on my wedgie in lieu of a
truing stand, but I'm not sure that'll work too well on the
Leprechaun. And I'd really rather not shell out $$$ on a stand or
$$ for the LBS...but I might not have much choice.

Cheers,

b&

--
EAC Memographer
BAAWA Knight of Blasphemy

Old January 3rd 07, 03:21 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Zebee Johnstone

In alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent on Tue, 02 Jan 2007 17:59:09 -0700
Ben Goren wrote:

Oh -- and the wheels need a little bit of truing. I was able to
get away with reversing the brake pads on my wedgie in lieu of a
truing stand, but I'm not sure that'll work too well on the
Leprechaun. And I'd really rather not shell out $$$ on a stand or
$$ for the LBS...but I might not have much choice.

Pick up a cheap trainer.

You can then bodge up a marker using some duct tape and a pencil and
some chalk. Tape chalk to pencil, tape pencil to trainer.

They are also useful as recumbent work stands. OK, you have to
grovel a bit rather than work at standing height, but it isn't as
though you have to do it all day every day.

Zebee
Old January 3rd 07, 04:42 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Ben Goren

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

Ben Goren wrote:

Oh -- and the wheels need a little bit of truing. I was able to
get away with reversing the brake pads on my wedgie in lieu of
a truing stand, but I'm not sure that'll work too well on the
Leprechaun. And I'd really rather not shell out $$$ on a stand
or $$ for the LBS...but I might not have much choice.

Pick up a cheap trainer.

You can then bodge up a marker using some duct tape and a pencil
and some chalk. Tape chalk to pencil, tape pencil to trainer.

They are also useful as recumbent work stands. OK, you have to
grovel a bit rather than work at standing height, but it isn't
as though you have to do it all day every day.

I like the idea...except that the cheapest trainers I've seen are
twice Park's home-edition truing stand. Perhaps I'm not looking in
the right places...?

Plus, there's always the question of dishing....

Many many many many many moons ago, when I was a student
at Arizona State, there was a student-run bike coop with a
reasonably well equipped shop just north of the Memorial Union.
Students could just pop in, do whatever, and be on their way.
Unfortunately, I think they vanished many many moons ago, I'm not
sure than alumni would be welcomed, and I'm not aware of anything
similar. Shame, too -- it was a great place to learn about all
things cycling as well as an affordable way to get work done. One
of those really good things that comes from a healthy community.

Cheers,

b&

Old January 3rd 07, 05:37 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Zebee Johnstone

In alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent on Tue, 02 Jan 2007 20:42:07 -0700
Ben Goren wrote:

I like the idea...except that the cheapest trainers I've seen are
twice Park's home-edition truing stand. Perhaps I'm not looking in
the right places...?

garage sales and classified ads....

Or else some bits of wood and an old QR skewer.

Zebee
Old January 4th 07, 10:46 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Buck" wrote in message

Ok, who got a new bent for xmas and which did you get?
--

Buck

I would rather be out on my Catrike

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Weren't you the asshole who went by the user name of "Just this guy" or some
such nonsense. That was the most stupid user name ever. Now you have the
second most stupid user name in all of Usenet - Buck. What the hell are you
bucking for besides a good swift kick in the ass?

I urge one and all to observe my user name, also my real name. Yea, God Damn
It! I am just so Great - and the rest of you aren't. But I am also a Great
Saint. The rest of you slobs do not have a clue about that I am sure -
sinners that you are. But you want to be nonentities - go for it. Screw your
stupid user names!

Hey Buck, here is a user name for you ... Nobody!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old January 4th 07, 10:52 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Buck

On 01/04/2007 09:46:35 "Edward Dolan" wrote:

"Buck" wrote in message

Ok, who got a new bent for xmas and which did you get? --

Buck

I would rather be out on my Catrike

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Weren't you the asshole who went by the user name of "Just this guy" or
some such nonsense.

Nope.

I urge one and all to observe my user name, also my real name. Yea, God
Damn It! I am just so Great - and the rest of you aren't. But I am also
a Great Saint. The rest of you slobs do not have a clue about that I am
sure - sinners that you are. But you want to be nonentities - go for it.
Screw your stupid user names!

Hey Buck, here is a user name for you ... Nobody!

Buck is my real name, it is my surname and how I was known in the army
so get over it, I thought you were leaving anyway so this board could be
enjoyed without your insane ramblings.

Old January 4th 07, 11:14 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Buck" wrote in message

Ok, who got a new bent for xmas and which did you get? --

Buck

I would rather be out on my Catrike

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Weren't you the asshole who went by the user name of "Just this guy" or
some such nonsense.

Nope.

I urge one and all to observe my user name, also my real name. Yea, God
Damn It! I am just so Great - and the rest of you aren't. But I am also
a Great Saint. The rest of you slobs do not have a clue about that I am
sure - sinners that you are. But you want to be nonentities - go for it.
Screw your stupid user names!

Hey Buck, here is a user name for you ... Nobody!

Buck is my real name, it is my surname and how I was known in the army
so get over it, I thought you were leaving anyway so this board could be
enjoyed without your insane ramblings.

It may be that I am confusing you with some other asshole from England. If
so, I am sorry. If Buck is your real name, then I am fine with it. I simply
hate all user names that are not real names.

Also, if you were ever in the British Army, then my estimation of you has
gone up 100%. I spent 4 years in the US Navy myself and although they were
not happy years for me, I do not regret ever serving my country as I am sure
you do not either.

Insane ramblings? Get a sense of humor why don't you!

Old January 8th 07, 06:42 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Roger Zoul

Buck wrote:
:: Ok, who got a new bent for xmas and which did you get?
:: --
::

I got a Stratus XP. I bought it before Xmas, though, as I needed to have
some off time to ride it. But it was my only Xmas toy.

Old January 8th 07, 10:13 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Buck

On 01/08/2007 17:42:04 "Roger Zoul" wrote:

Buck wrote:

Ok, who got a new bent for xmas and which did you get? --

I got a Stratus XP. I bought it before Xmas, though, as I needed to have
some off time to ride it. But it was my only Xmas toy.

I got a Catrike Expedition, although it is the shop demo, but I'm riding it out of hours.

--

Buck

I would rather be out on my Catrike

http://www.catrike.co.uk

BNE - LA Xmas BBQ Duracell Bunny Australia 2 November 28th 06 03:20 AM
Merry ti xmas to me!! small change Mountain Biking 12 December 23rd 05 01:45 PM
Xmas is here [email protected] Mountain Biking 30 December 30th 04 04:08 AM
Xmas Lights Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 5 December 15th 04 03:53 AM
Black Bent Down: Worst Experience on a Bent This Year jim h Recumbent Biking 14 November 30th 03 11:58 PM