Are here any unicyclists from Bend/Oregon?

Old August 13th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eremit

Default Are here any unicyclists from Bend/Oregon?

Hello,

a friend of mine will stay there for a year from september.
She's relative new to unicycling but she is motivated and learning
quick.
She would be very glad to meet some friendly people for practising
together.
I think all styles are welcome.

If you are from Bend or somewhere else in Oregon please leave comment
or send me a PM.
THX!

Uli

p.s.: Sorry for my english.

--
Eremit

"You won't get hurt if you land it!" -Kevin McMullin
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 13th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Acording to the map, the closest is in Eurgene.

E v e r y o n e s h o u l d b e o n t h e m a p !

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.
Parafrasing a pro skater when asked for advise to kids who wanted to
get much better and maybee turn pro one day.
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 13th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eremit

Okay... Which map?
A link would maybe helpful.

Old August 13th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

The link is right at the top of the page: Home, allery, Forums, Webmail,
Links, *MAP*, Donate....

Im in Spokane, WA, so Bend is about 7 hours away from me. Seeing how
she'll be there for a year, I should find time to make a trip there.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 13th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Jerrick wrote:
Seeing how she'll be there for a year, I should find time to make a trip
there.

Who Your GF? Sister? Please clarify.

Old August 13th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
NKahler

I live in North Bend Oregon!

lol i wish someone else unicycled around here...
Does anyone live around North Bend oregon?

North bend is on the coast by Coos Bay

--
NKahler

______________________________
Check out some of my stuff!

http://nkahler.deviantart.com/
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 13th 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

skilewis74 wrote:
Who Your GF? Sister? Please clarify.

I was talking about the OP's friend who will be living in Bend, OR for
a year.

Old August 14th 07, 11:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eremit

Hello,

thanks for all responses.
I'm afraid the map is not up to date.

@skilewis74: You are right. I found my house in the map easily, but I'm
obviously to stupid to set a marking...

@NKahler: At the first moment I thought: "Cool!", but it was sad to
find out the truth that you live at the other end of Oregon...

@Jerrick: In 7 hours I can ride by motorcycle all over germany from one
sight to the other...

Old August 18th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ellsworth23

I'm a Bend, Oregon resident and beginner unicyclist. I've not met any
unicyclists here, but I know there are a number of them, some pretty
good ones too. Your friend will surely meet up with some if she checks
at the bike shops.

--
ellsworth23
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 18th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomkarches

E v e r y o n e s h o u l d b e o n t h e m a p !

The instructions could be a lot better.....

How about :
1) Determine the latitude and longitude of your address here...
write down the decimal value for the location :

http://stevemorse.org/jcal/latlon.php

2) Click the "Map" link on the Unicyclist.com home page

3) Click the "Your Entry" button.

4) Enter the longitude and latitude into the form. Make sure your ID is
in the field tag.

5) That should be it.

--tom

--