Wednesday's SMH

Old November 7th 07, 02:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Jack Russell

Default Wednesday's SMH

Nice letter from a bike courier today
--
Remove norubbish to reply
Old November 7th 07, 03:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duncan

On Nov 7, 1:33 pm, Jack Russell wrote:
Nice letter from a bike courier today
--
Remove norubbish to reply

http://www.smh.com.au/letters/index.html?page=fullpage

Build a bridge, bike-baiters

As a working city bicycle courier, I am occasionally criticised for
such misdemeanours as flowing through traffic and taking a full lane
in unsafe sections. Those who choose to preach from their big-wheeled,
chrome-plated, plastic chariots should note one thing: if you don't
wind down the window of your air-conditioned, carbon-farting bubble,
the chances are I won't be able to hear you. If I do happen to hear
you, the chances are greater that I have heard it all before. Go and
see Morris Iemma's men on Macquarie Street - they know people who will
build you a bridge to get over it.

Steve Partridge Marrickville

Old November 7th 07, 07:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DJ

"Duncan" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Nov 7, 1:33 pm, Jack Russell wrote:
Nice letter from a bike courier today
--
Remove norubbish to reply

http://www.smh.com.au/letters/index.html?page=fullpage

Build a bridge, bike-baiters

As a working city bicycle courier, I am occasionally criticised for
such misdemeanours as flowing through traffic and taking a full lane
in unsafe sections. Those who choose to preach from their big-wheeled,
chrome-plated, plastic chariots should note one thing: if you don't
wind down the window of your air-conditioned, carbon-farting bubble,
the chances are I won't be able to hear you. If I do happen to hear
you, the chances are greater that I have heard it all before. Go and
see Morris Iemma's men on Macquarie Street - they know people who will
build you a bridge to get over it.

Steve Partridge Marrickville

And just so that he doesn't get too hasty, Iemma will also whack a toll on
that bridge!!

DJ