So, what happened to Mikey "Handsaw" V?

Old February 22nd 11, 02:46 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Moderate

Default So, what happened to Mikey "Handsaw" V?

"Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°" " wrote in
message ...

The elites have plans to survive, while most of the "worthless eaters"
(the other 99%) die off. That is why those with real power are doing
nothing to stop global climate change or ecological depletion.

The elites :-) I love the smell of a good conspiracy theory in the morning.

There isn't much we can do about the global climate change. Mother Nature
and all that. Slowing the population growth is the only solution to
ecological depletion. Figure out a way to stop every third world country
from ****ting out so many kids and you will have accomplished something.

Old February 22nd 11, 11:10 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
VtSkier

On 02/22/2011 08:46 AM, Moderate wrote:
"Tēm ShermĒn™ " wrote in
message ...

The elites have plans to survive, while most of the "worthless eaters"
(the other 99%) die off. That is why those with real power are doing
nothing to stop global climate change or ecological depletion.

The elites :-) I love the smell of a good conspiracy theory in the morning.

There isn't much we can do about the global climate change. Mother Nature
and all that. Slowing the population growth is the only solution to
ecological depletion. Figure out a way to stop every third world country
from ****ting out so many kids and you will have accomplished something.

Having lots of kids in a third world country is
Social Security.

You have lots of kids so that at least one of them
will take care of you in your old age.

I don't have an answer for this. Do you?
Old February 23rd 11, 04:16 AM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Bob Berger[_2_]

In article , VtSkier says...

[...]

Easy answer. These third worlders need to decrease the number of offspring they
generate, and increase their efforts to illegally immigrate to the US. :-)

Old February 23rd 11, 03:47 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Moderate

"VtSkier" wrote in message
[...]

No, you have made my point. Tim's theory of elite's grand conspiracy is not
based in reality.

Old February 23rd 11, 03:53 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
(PeteCresswell)

Per VtSkier:
Having lots of kids in a third world country is
Social Security.

You have lots of kids so that at least one of them
will take care of you in your old age.

I don't have an answer for this. Do you?

The traditional answer in developed countries has been social
security, pension plans, and child labor laws.

In some countries, kids earn a net return from a very young
onwards - and it makes sense to have more of them.

In other countries, they're a financial liability right through
their teens and even later.

As already observed, with no pensions or social security, kids
constitute one's only retirement plan.

Somebody, somewhere observed that - with or without "birth
control" technology - people all over the world manage to
regulate their families so that the number of offspring is
rational in their immediate contexts.
--
PeteCresswell

Old February 23rd 11, 05:24 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
VtSkier

On 02/23/2011 09:53 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per VtSkier:
Having lots of kids in a third world country is
Social Security.

You have lots of kids so that at least one of them
will take care of you in your old age.

I don't have an answer for this. Do you?

The traditional answer in developed countries has been social
security, pension plans, and child labor laws.

In some countries, kids earn a net return from a very young
onwards - and it makes sense to have more of them.

In other countries, they're a financial liability right through
their teens and even later.

As already observed, with no pensions or social security, kids
constitute one's only retirement plan.

Somebody, somewhere observed that - with or without "birth
control" technology - people all over the world manage to
regulate their families so that the number of offspring is
rational in their immediate contexts.

Excellent point. Humans have NEVER been capable
of doing things with the long view in mind.