No Fuel Shortages Or Bottlenecks Evacuating By Bicycle

Old September 9th 17, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

Default No Fuel Shortages Or Bottlenecks Evacuating By Bicycle

On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 10:20:28 +0100
Bod wrote:

I've nothing against wooden houses and have never said they are a bad
idea, just not very sensible to build one in a wildfire prone forest.
BTW, I live in a wooden house.

You build with locally available materials. In a forest timber is
virtually free if you have a sawmill. Usually not all the forest will
catch fire every year. You could build a house faced with refractory
materials that would resist a forest fire, but it would be costly and
environmentally unfriendly (assuming you can't quarry and process the
materials locally). If I lived in a forest I'd maybe build a fire
cellar, so I could stash my stuff then evacuate. It would be foolish to
live in a fire-prone forest and not expect your house to burn down
occasionally, and more foolish to try to save the house by not
evacuating. But cool to live in a forest.

Old September 9th 17, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Sat, 09 Sep 2017 23:20:49 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

The cost of the materials pales in comparison to having your house and
possessions stay there. What's wrong with bricks?

More relevant question: what's wrong with your head, Birdbrain?

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
Old September 9th 17, 11:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Christie[_3_]

On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 19:40:45 +0100, Rob Morley
wrote:

On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 10:20:28 +0100
Bod wrote:

I've nothing against wooden houses and have never said they are a bad
idea, just not very sensible to build one in a wildfire prone forest.
BTW, I live in a wooden house.

You build with locally available materials. In a forest timber is
virtually free if you have a sawmill. Usually not all the forest will
catch fire every year. You could build a house faced with refractory
materials that would resist a forest fire, but it would be costly and
environmentally unfriendly (assuming you can't quarry and process the
materials locally). If I lived in a forest I'd maybe build a fire
cellar, so I could stash my stuff then evacuate. It would be foolish to
live in a fire-prone forest and not expect your house to burn down
occasionally, and more foolish to try to save the house by not
evacuating. But cool to live in a forest.

Cool to live in a forest? If the place has an internet connection,
maybe... and, ideally, a supermarket within striking distance.

Old September 10th 17, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 11:50:44 PM UTC+1, Christie wrote:
On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 19:40:45 +0100, Rob Morley
wrote:

On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 10:20:28 +0100
Bod wrote:

[...]

No problem

https://whisperingdark.files.wordpre...13/06/baba.jpg

Old September 10th 17, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Christie[_3_]

Simon Jester wrote:

On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 11:50:44 PM UTC+1, Christie wrote:
On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 19:40:45 +0100, Rob Morley
wrote:

On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 10:20:28 +0100
Bod wrote:

[...]

Spooky!

The creepy old thing looks as though it's heard Hurricane Irma is
heading its way, so, it's upping sticks and moving somewhere safer.

Fuel Joy Beeson Techniques 1 October 5th 16 05:22 PM
A bicycle's "fuel" efficiency! [email protected][_2_] Social Issues 4 October 13th 09 11:50 PM
Rocket fuel Steve Racing 10 October 3rd 06 07:37 PM
I Like Rocket Fuel Tyler Hamillton Racing 0 April 19th 05 04:07 AM
OT - water shortages 2004 dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 7 November 3rd 03 12:21 PM