Wood news

Old April 2nd 18, 12:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Wood news

On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 10:51:07 PM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:

screw that 501(c) tarbaby.
I vote for the L Ron Hubbard method, The Holy Church of
Uniform Spoke Tension.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Now you're talking. Douglas Adams rolls over in his grave and rises up to come join you.

AJ
Old April 2nd 18, 01:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sun, 1 Apr 2018 09:55:15 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 4/1/2018 12:34 AM, Tim McNamara wrote:
BTW, if you want to know
where the "deep state" really is, look no further than entrenched
industries with money to spend on buying influence.

I've been wondering if corporations are replacing national governments
as the prime agents of power, just as democracies replaced monarchies.

I seem to remember that as far back as ancient Athens people with
money faired better in the political system then "po folks". In Rome
the Census divided the population into 6 divisions determined by
wealth. In the English army it required personal wealth to be an
officer. Not because of any regulation but rather that the cash
outlay, Mess fees, laundry, servant, etc., was more then an officers
salary.

In short, money does count.... and corporations have a lot of money.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Got Wood? Tºm Shermªn °_° Techniques 14 July 13th 11 11:48 AM
Good news: not doping. Bad news: 1 year suspension Robert Chung Racing 0 May 7th 08 12:37 AM
Why wood (sic) someone do this? Johnny Sunset Recumbent Biking 2 February 4th 06 08:36 PM
Who's got wood? Steady Rollin' Man Racing 2 July 14th 05 12:01 PM
Phil Wood Hub peter Techniques 16 October 12th 04 09:43 PM