More Justice Department Hiding

Old January 7th 19, 10:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default More Justice Department Hiding

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 13:54:14 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 1/7/2019 12:06 PM, wrote:

Contrails have been blamed for large scale cooling along flight paths which are growing more and more numerous. These contrails are nothing more than cumulous clouds.

As I've said, there are many, many statements Tom makes that I don't
bother to correct. And I'm not even counting the spelling.

Actually there have been studies made as to whether contrails effect
temperatures and it has been shown that contrails do effect the
temperature, See
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra...ls_and_climate

Researcher David J. Travis, an atmospheric scientist at the University
of Wisconsin-Whitewater, wrote in the science journal Nature that the
effect of the change in aircraft contrail formation during the three
days after the September 11 attacks...

The solution is, of course, to stop all aircraft flights over the U.S.

--

Cheers,

John B.
Old January 7th 19, 10:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Mon, 07 Jan 2019 14:21:35 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On 1/7/2019 1:06 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 10:54:19 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/7/2019 12:06 PM, wrote:

Contrails have been blamed for large scale cooling along flight paths which are growing more and more numerous. These contrails are nothing more than cumulous clouds.

As I've said, there are many, many statements Tom makes that I don't
bother to correct. And I'm not even counting the spelling.

When you get into the contrail conspiracies, you're full-on tin-foil hat. Never go full-on tin-foil hat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6WHBO_Qc-Q (1:25)

Right. I am just amazed that a good customer and old friend,
a successful small business owner and not stupid generally,
can look me right in the eye and explain that the
international order is spreading mind control drugs with
commercial airline contrails. WTF? He's not alone either.
This is almost like the flat-earther athletes.

Many years ago Winston Churchill commented that "The best argument
against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average
voter".

I suggest that this also applies to non political discussions :-)
--

Cheers,

John B.
Old January 8th 19, 07:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 11:16:53 AM UTC-8, news18 wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jan 2019 09:06:37 -0800, sltom992 wrote:

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 7:04:24 PM UTC-8, news18 wrote:
On Sun, 06 Jan 2019 07:00:36 -0800, sltom992 wrote:

So, no you weren't aware and need a reference but yes you were aware..
I am never surprised by your statements.

Most people who know even a lttle bit about "cloud seeding" will know
that claiming it affected the weather was at best a dubious long shot.
Somewhere around there is a apaper showeing that "rain dances" have a
greater correlation to the claim of "afffecting the weather".

It is not in the least "dubious" and was actually used by the CIA in the
Vietnam war to mire the North Vietnamese and Cambodians down in mud and
mire. There's no questioned that it worked. There is also no question
that NASA has used cloud seeding to eliminate clouds in order to have
clear weather for space launches.

Yawn, if you cloud seed in an area and time when it s going to rain
naturally, then you can hardly "cloud seeding worked".

Contrails have been blamed for large scale cooling along flight paths
which are growing more and more numerous. These contrails are nothing
more than cumulous clouds. At any moment in the USA there are 3,000
aircraft in the air. And they use the dirtiest of fuel.

And dirty fuel emits particles that water vapour coalesces about. So your
point is?

Of course you can't make blue sky rain. But they could make it rain in places where they wanted the rain to fall when it would normally be falling in
Thailand. Laos and Cambodia would receive the rain so that the north Vietnamese couldn't travel down the Ho Chi Minh Trail. This prevented attacks from the back side of the dividing line. This ALL worked. In fact North Vietnam admitted that they were beaten. But after Lyndon Johnson pulled American Troops out of South Vietnam he cut all military aid to the South and that gave the North the advantage again.

All it would have taken would have taken is for dumbass Beatie to look it us in Wikipedia to discover

"Contrails, by affecting the Earth's radiation balance, act as a radiative forcing. Studies have found that contrails trap outgoing longwave radiation emitted by the Earth and atmosphere (positive radiative forcing) at a greater rate than they reflect incoming solar radiation (negative radiative forcing). NASA conducted a great deal of detailed research on atmospheric and climatological effects of contrails, including effects on ozone, ice crystal formation, and particle composition, during the Atmospheric Effects of Aviation Project (AEAP).[12] Global radiative forcing has been calculated from the reanalysis data, climatological models and radiative transfer codes. It is estimated to amount to 0.012 W/m² (watts per square meter) for 2005, with an uncertainty range of 0.005 to 0.026 W/m², and with a low level of scientific understanding.[13] Therefore, the overall net effect of contrails is positive, i.e. a warming effect.[14] However, the effect varies daily and annually, and overall the magnitude of the forcing is not well known: globally (for 1992 air traffic conditions), values range from 3.5 mW/m² to 17 mW/m². Other studies have determined that night flights are mostly responsible for the warming effect: while accounting for only 25% of daily air traffic, they contribute 60 to 80% of contrail radiative forcing. Similarly, winter flights account for only 22% of annual air traffic, but contribute half of the annual mean radiative forcing.

A 2015 study found that artificial cloudiness caused by contrail "outbreaks" reduces the difference between daytime and nighttime temperatures. The former are decreased and the latter are increased, in comparison to temperatures the day before and the day after such outbreaks.[16] On days with outbreaks the day/night temperature difference was diminished by about 6 °F in the U.S. South and 5 °F in the Midwest."

But rather he wants to think this some sort of joke. While he completely believes in man-made global warming from something as preposterous as a couple of addition parts per million of CO2 the fact that at any moment we have 3,000 commercial air flights over this country and the known effects they have is a conspiracy theory.
Old January 8th 19, 07:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 1/7/2019 12:06 PM, wrote:

Contrails have been blamed for large scale cooling along flight paths which are growing more and more numerous. These contrails are nothing more than cumulous clouds.

As I've said, there are many, many statements Tom makes that I don't
bother to correct. And I'm not even counting the spelling.

When you get into the contrail conspiracies, you're full-on tin-foil hat. Never go full-on tin-foil hat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6WHBO_Qc-Q (1:25)

Right. I am just amazed that a good customer and old friend,
a successful small business owner and not stupid generally,
can look me right in the eye and explain that the
international order is spreading mind control drugs with
commercial airline contrails. WTF? He's not alone either.
This is almost like the flat-earther athletes.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

This is why they closed the loony bins - too many rich people were going over the line from Internet "news". These guys have brought back the Flat Earth belief. My older brother can recite this crap verbatim but cannot answer things like how a satellite could stay in orbit over a flat Earth.
Old January 9th 19, 12:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

rOn Tue, 8 Jan 2019 10:15:18 -0800 (PST), wrote:

[...]

Quite simply, you don't know what you are talking about. Firstly, the
so called "Ho Chi Minh Trail" wasn't a "trail" it was a series of
paths, roads and byways, some with considerable improvement including
camp facilities that allowed the Northerners to transport supplies to
their troops in the south using trucks, bicycles, water buffalos, and
human porters.

The idea that "if it rains that won't be able to use the trail" is one
of the more stupid ideas that the U.S. had during the war. The idea
that all movement stops during the monsoon is ludicrous. It would mean
that nothing moved in most of South East Asia for nearly half of each
year.

And proof? Well, I guess that the fact that the North did supply their
people in the South all year round is proof, isn't it? And, even
General Westmoreland stated that he thought there was "no appreciable
increase" in rain from the project.

As for N. Vietnam admitting that they were beaten? I guess you'll have
to prove that as it appears to be just another one of your pipe
dreams.

I might add that Thailand has since about 1969 has had an official
"cloud seeding" project. The results vary from year to year but
overall the project has not been a resounding success, other than as a
political act to demonstrate the "government's concern" for the
farmers.

cheers,

John B.

Old January 9th 19, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On 1/7/2019 12:06 PM, wrote:

Contrails have been blamed for large scale cooling along flight paths which are growing more and more numerous. These contrails are nothing more than cumulous clouds.

As I've said, there are many, many statements Tom makes that I don't
bother to correct. And I'm not even counting the spelling.

Actually there have been studies made as to whether contrails effect
temperatures and it has been shown that contrails do effect the
temperature, See

That wasn't the part that was wrong. Tom needs to learn cloud types if
he's going to talk about them.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Tell me Frank - what is the difference between a cumulus and an altocumulus. Or is this another of your juvenile typo bull****?

Well done, Tom! It took only a couple days to look up a couple cloud
types, plus their spellings!

Did you get to the high ones yet? Like, up where the airliners leave
their contrails?

- Frank Krygowski
Old January 9th 19, 01:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Tue, 08 Jan 2019 10:15:18 -0800, sltom992 wrote:

And dirty fuel emits particles that water vapour coalesces about. So
your point is?

Of course you can't make blue sky rain. But they could make it rain in
places where they wanted the rain to fall when it would normally be
falling in Thailand.

Do you have the figures to backup the claim, aka measureably extra
rainfall above and beyond natural variation. some people say global
warming, some say climate change and now you're saying cloud seeding.

Laos and Cambodia would receive the rain so that
the north Vietnamese couldn't travel down the Ho Chi Minh Trail.

Please explain how that worked since the theory depends on all transport
being by truck rather than foot and/or bicycle.

This
prevented attacks from the back side of the dividing line.

Alternatively, the NV simply switched the places they were doing "chain
pulling" and thus where they wanted to engage the invader.

This ALL
worked. In fact North Vietnam admitted that they were beaten.

Source? I'm still filled with mirth from the claims from the military
types that the whole Nam saga was a success.

But after
Lyndon Johnson pulled American Troops out of South Vietnam he cut all
military aid to the South and that gave the North the advantage again.

Wasn't that just a typical "premature victory" claim, which seems to be
routine amongst US presidents.