Building wheels on tubeless rims using tube

Old September 15th 20, 09:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

Default Building wheels on tubeless rims using tube

On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 10:58:40 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Strange that Tom doesn't feel a difference in reaction to crosswinds between a 30 mm rim and a 60 mm rim. I do.

Well, no one could have been more surprised than me that they didn't run all over the road in gusty sidewinds. Returning from a climbing ride there is a local 600 foot hill that I come back over (from that side it is only about 300 feet - I do the other side on the way out in the morning) The hill is directly exposed to the winds blowing in from the golden gate. Mind you they do move around but I can't tell any difference in wheel depth to movement. But they are almost identical to the box rims. So they DO jump about a bit but the box rims do the same thing. I also have a set of ProLite Bracciano 42 deep aluminum wheels and they too don't run around the roads, And a set of 38 mm Campagnolo CX Sirocco's as well.

The only thing I can think of is that the side gusts push equally on the front side and back side of the rims.

Now when I bought the tubeless wheels THEY would walk all over the road. I finally came to the conclusion that it was loose spokes and I tightened the hell out of them and that stopped it.
Old September 15th 20, 10:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 11:03:31 AM UTC-7, wrote:

I see you're another fan of GCN. I watched them until those morons started talking about institutional racism in America! This coming from people that murdered or sold into slavery 2/3rds the population of Ireland just because they could and not even for gain. A country that held half of the world in bond for 200 years. Go watch their videos as if you could teach yourself something from them

I could say the same about some people in the USA interfere with our 'Zwarte Piet' discussion we have here at the moment. I think you have bigger problems at home to solve first.

I suppose that such a thing here would be made out to be institutional racism as well. Pretty stupid though you could probably do without the costumes.. Do you think that they also think that Mrs. Claus is sexist?