FS: 55cm Colnago Super frame and fork

Old October 1st 04, 06:34 AM
Frank

Default FS: 55cm Colnago Super frame and fork

The high bidder on the Colnago I had on eBay didn't complete the transaction (payment lost..no fault of his). I was going to keep it, but with more frames and bikes than I can ride or build now I believe I am going to sell it after all.

The auction closed with a high bid of more than $500, plus the additional shipping/packing/insurance expense. I am offering it here for $475 shipped, packed, and insured.

Several pics available for the asking.

Thanks,

Frank

Absolutely beautiful and stunning Colnago Super frame and fork in excellent condition. This blue and yellow frame, made in Italy of Columbus tubing with a chromed fork and right chain stay, measures 55cm c-t at the seat tube with
a 54cm top tube. The Columbus tubing decal says "Columbus Tubi Rinforzati Garantiti Acciaio Speciale". The rear spacing is 126mm. This frame has adjustable rear horizontal dropouts with dropout screws included, braze-on
front derailleur tab, one set of water bottle bosses, and down tube shifter bosses.

The frame has Colnago engraved on the dropouts and in the top of the seat stay, Cromor engraved in the top of the left side bottom bracket shell, and the Colnago clover engraved into the head tube lug and brake bridge. The fork has Colnago engraved in the dropouts and side of the fork crown, with the Colnago clover engraved in the top of the fork crown.

The bike is in excellent condition. The chrome on the right chain stay appears to be unblemished and the chrome on the front fork is excellent also. Under the fork where you can't see unless you are looking directly under the fork it appears as if there has been silver paint brushed under
the fork crown (only guessing because it does not shine and sparkle like the chrome on the fork legs and outside of the fork crown do, maybe just wasn't chromed since it doesn't show), but there is no peeling and the fork looks
to be in excellent condition. The seller to me bought three of these new, old stock Colnago's at the same time from a seller in Europe and all of the forks are the same way.

This bike was purchased by the original owner as New Old Stock, built up and ridden 20 miles, and disassembled when the owner found it was too small for him. It has a very few marks from storage and build up, but this bike looks
stunning and will make someone a great looking and riding bike. Frame has been completely treated inside the tubes with Boeshield T-9 rust prevention spray and the seat tube has been flex-honed for seat post fitting.